Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

earlier Mono is much more interesting, I love Walking Cloud

Yeah, I love Under the Pipal Tree and One More Step. But "For My Parents" just went way up it's own ass with the orchestration, and totally lost me.

Isis and Rosetta need their spots flipped

Nope, definitely not.

Panopticon would have made a FANTASIC legendary EP if it were So Did We, Backlit, In Fiction and Low Tide from the Aereogramme split, with maybe another outtake song/connecting piece.

The back half of the album, while not bad songs at all, just doesn't do it for me the way those first 3 tracks do. That opening trio just SLAYYYYYS.

What is your grievance with ADOM?

No real grievance. I just think Panopticon is basically perfect front-to-back. A four may be a little rough for that Rosetta record, but I actually spun it again, just a few weeks back, and found myself rather nonplussed. No idea if it's losing its lasting power or if I'm just not in a Risetta mood these days.

I can feel that. I'm slowly, year by year, losing my Rosetta boner. They just aren't doing it for me like they used to.

I can feel that. I'm slowly, year by year, losing my Rosetta boner. They just aren't doing it for me like they used to.

What's super interesting to me is that lately, the Rosetta I've been going to THE MOST has been by far the new compilation release with all the remixes. Those Living Phantoms tracks are just brilliant. Especially the remix of Untitled VI.

Those smoky laid back club electronic beats combined with the clean background vocals and Matt's delay-soaked guitar just combine perfectly together. I can't get enough. And maybe that's why I ranked ADOM so high, because that record is just sopping wet with reverb and delay guitar work, even more-so than their other records.

The other interesting thing is that the more I think about TGS reissue that's going to happen, the more I wonder if I'll buy it because I hardly ever go to that record. I LOVE the combination release they did for Dead-Ender's Reunion, where they overlaid the two records together, and that's how I prefer to hear that piece now, and I don't want to buy a 2nd turntable just to play them together haha

can't edit because of dumb error crap

shameless plug: /500 white For My Parents for sale.

Whenever I come to this site on Firefox, I keep getting this big crazy warning sign saying that this is a deceptive phishing website...

any of you guys get that too? I've hit the ignore/this isn't a deceptive website button like 9 different visits now and it still comes up. Who is reporting us?

Whenever I come to this site on Firefox, I keep getting this big crazy warning sign saying that this is a deceptive phishing website...

any of you guys get that too? I've hit the ignore/this isn't a deceptive website button like 9 different visits now and it still comes up. Who is reporting us?

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/119338-vc-phishing-site-warning/

Caspian reported you for wanting them to be a jam band.

They lack self-confidence, then. Those guys could totally nail an extended 15-16 minute Moksha. Take that ending theme, and just slam it home for another few minutes and take it even higher.

Could you fucking imagine? UGH.

:D

Only when they play 'Some Are White Light' right after.

Caspian isn't a jam band. You're lucky they have a pretty good handful of lengthy songs. Just be happy with what you have. You have enough post rock and metal bands to cover your jam fix, Gumby. Caspian will never be a jam band. Stop fucking with perfection. You'll never change it!!!

tumblr_llh5y5VZ4Q1qdbpolo1_500.jpg

Seriously I absolutely have to quit buying stuff right now, but dammit I want these albums. Ugh.

Yeah... same situation haha. I think I've dropped around $250 in the last 2 weeks on shit.

85 euro from Dunk

40 euro from Astralia

30someting for a few cds from Discogs

29 for Leaving The Waiting Room vinyl from Sunlight Ascending

22 total for Pacific Atlantic

30/40 euro for CD/LP of the new Fall of Messiah

40gbp for vinyl copy of Sgnl>05 from Isis.

Probably going to do my Translation Loss order this weekend, as well as my Spurv order.

You want to try getting other people to do Skarnytde from that one place? so we can get the discount?

I'm trying to get all this shit bought before I change jobs later this spring and my income drops a bit haha. Taking on a seasonal summer job to get experience for my career change/going back to school plan.

Yeah... same situation haha. I think I've dropped around $250 in the last 2 weeks on shit.

85 euro from Dunk

40 euro from Astralia

30someting for a few cds from Discogs

29 for Leaving The Waiting Room vinyl from Sunlight Ascending

22 total for Pacific Atlantic

30/40 euro for CD/LP of the new Fall of Messiah

40gbp for vinyl copy of Sgnl>05 from Isis.

Probably going to do my Translation Loss order this weekend, as well as my Spurv order.

You want to try getting other people to do Skarnytde from that one place? so we can get the discount?

I'm trying to get all this shit bought before I change jobs later this spring and my income drops a bit haha. Taking on a seasonal summer job to get experience for my career change/going back to school plan.

If we can get at least 5 people I can head the order on Skarntyde.  Looks like it would be $28ppd per person (and that includes me shipping to everyone).  And the more the better because the price keeps going down.  Here is what I figured out in the group buy thread...

5 orders would be $25.19/ea
7 - $22.70/ea
10 - $20.83/ea

And then plus shipping from the distributor in the US to each person.  I would consider taking care of this one if there is enough interest.

• jhulud locked this topic