Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

I know I fucking saw that on Facebook.

Could you imagine? Hopefully some of those guys come over here for Dunk!USA.

Don't really know Celeste or This Quiet Army; any recs?

Oh, and the new Pray For Sound album will be fucking amazing.

I got to listen to a song. Please don't repeat that. I promised I wouldn't share the link, but the one track I was allowed to hear is fucking sick. I've listened to it like 9 times already since this weekend.

I know I fucking saw that on Facebook.

Could you imagine? Hopefully some of those guys come over here for Dunk!USA.

Don't really know Celeste or This Quiet Army; any recs?

Oh, and the new Pray For Sound album will be fucking amazing.

I got to listen to a song. Please don't repeat that. I promised I wouldn't share the link, but the one track I was allowed to hear is fucking sick. I've listened to it like 9 times already since this weekend.

Not even the YONL/TQA split?

TQA is Eric Quach from Montreal, drone/experimental and does art / photography

My favorite of his is Rebirths - which is most accessible and reworkings of previous tracks to be able to do them live

Guitar heavy and just a great intro to drone that keeps you engaged. Doesn't sound like Nadja's Queller, but they are both full of great riffs that stick with you.

And like Matt said, the YONL/ TQA split is pure awesomeness.

Celeste is a damn roadroller. Nothing similar to anything in this thread.

As much as I love them, I've seen them twice and it didn't work for me live.

They have an interesting idea for shows though ;)

they really are in their own sect. I followed them through Misanthrope(s), but fell off the heavier train a few years back. Great for a listen still every now and then. I've learned over the years, if it's on Denovali, it's gotta be pretty good

this is just not fair (but hey, life's not fair)...

https://www.facebook.com/events/1677524272495091/

Jakob

YONL

Celeste

TQA

Jakob getting to hook up with Astralia soon should be great, too.

Yup, I'll be there :3

Already saw YONL and they are MASSIVE. Thisquietarmy is really great too, and such a nice guy.

Never saw Celeste or Jakob live but I don't worry about them !

(speaking of Celeste, I'm selling them on Discogs - link in sig - feel free to PM for better prices)

So, I'm back home after 4 days at the Roadburn festival and wow, it was just.. amazing. Easily the best festival I have ever been to, a ton of huge bands played. Some of the best live sets I've ever seen, like Neurosis, never heard a band with a sound like that before.
And finally I saw Jakob live, the setlist was super cool, unfortunately the sound wasn't that bright and clean as I expected, the bass volume was definitely too high over Jeff's guitar and this made the performance a bit flat.
The result was however a very nice show and I enjoyed it a lot.
After the show I went to their merch table, bought a nice t-shirt and talked a few minutes with Jeff and Jason, I asked them about the Subsets Of Sets/Cale:Drew represses and we still are with no big news about them, at the beginning Jeff said that are trying/would like to release those by themselves then I asked if TMS could do that, as I remeber was announced somehow, and he said that it could be possible but basically they do not have anything planned yet and no details at all about that. At the end they said that it's a thing that will happen sooner or later.
My feeling was that we won't see those soon.
But I have nice news for all you dudes from US, a 2017 US tour is in the works.

E2jtkey.jpg?2

noooooooooooo! and YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

did you pick up any of the repress CDs? They've got bonus tracks! I wish I could snag a Jakob shirt, that would be awesome to have.

No cds for me.. I'm not interested in them but I would love to hear to those bonus tracks.

They also had:

A tour poster, the one in the background of the photo, but I'm not much into 'band pic' posters.

4 different t-shirts, a tote bag and Sines 2xLP on black.

when Gumby writes his reviews on bands we've heard years ago, I can't help but think of him as the Double Rainbow guy.

just bored. love ya Gumbs.

wait, what? What are we specifically talking about now? haha

Also, for anybody interested... I'm looking to unload my black copy of SATH repress. Just asking $20, but I'm flexible.

• jhulud locked this topic