Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

My God, that setlist is NSFW.  So incredible.

I'd say throw in Fire Made Flesh after Ghosts for a main set closer, and then the "encore" can be the rest.  That would be my ONLY addition, only because FMF is probably top 3 Caspian song live for me.

Maybe I should flag it? Haha.

June 19th, 2014

Euro 2014 Tour

La de Apolo Club

Barcelona, Spain

And yeah, Fire Made Flesh is definitely killer live.

Maybe I should flag it? Haha.

June 19th, 2014

Euro 2014 Tour

La de Apolo Club

Barcelona, Spain

And yeah, Fire Made Flesh is definitely killer live.

Oh my bad I thought you were making up a setlist you wanted.  Didn't even realize that was a legit setlist.

Also, I'm an idiot and forgot that sans Quovis/Further Up/Further In, I saw that exact setlist in Pittsburgh last time I saw them.  Guess that's why I like it so much haha.  No that's not a humble brag, I legit didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Also, I don't understand even hypothetically breaking apart Quovis/Further Up/Further In.  Just...no.

Oh my bad I thought you were making up a setlist you wanted.  Didn't even realize that was a legit setlist.

Also, I'm an idiot and forgot that sans Quovis/Further Up/Further In, I saw that exact setlist in Pittsburgh last time I saw them.  Guess that's why I like it so much haha.  No that's not a humble brag, I legit didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Also, I don't understand even hypothetically breaking apart Quovis/Further Up/Further In.  Just...no.

I kind of wanted to see the response I would get before saying it was a legit set. But that is one of my favorite sets they have done. It's just showcases Caspian at their finest.

And seriously, those three are essentially one song. You never break them. NEVER.

Because of the intheclouds lathes I finally dug into This Patch of Sky's pre Self Titled material. Holy shit. "Heroes and Ghosts" is ridiculous, especially...

http://thispatchofsky.bandcamp.com/track/and-death-shall-have-no-dominion

&

http://thispatchofsky.bandcamp.com/track/building-with-sand

Matt? We need you again hahahaha.

:D

haha, it's almost too easy now.

Dude, I'm still angry about that. Nothing grinds my gears more than BAD band comparisons, and to have done it with my favorite band and a band that has NOTHING to do with them. Oh, man, ... the anger. Haha.

hahaha. I laffed. out loud. ahhhh I needed that, haha.

:::pulls up the curtain:::

So while I totally wish Caspian WOULD jam, you know I'm doing this precisely because it elicits such outlandish reactions, right?

I can't help myself. Sorry lol

18 minutes for Sad Heart? Why? That song is 4:27 long. Where the hell did you get another 14 minutes?

You get it with creation!

So truthfully, with me, I think what it comes down to is that, for me, the jamming allows you to witness the band you like CREATING, and composing. They're making music, on the fly.

Again, it just comes down to a taste thing, man. The jamming is just something I like, because it provides a window into the artist.

I would LOVE to see where they could take Sad Heart of Mine and what else they could come up with, when using the already-written parts as a springboard.

But yeah, I think the root of it is the witnessing of composition. The artists I love, I want to WATCH them create. Not just watch them re-create the things they've already written (despite how awesome those pieces already are).

And as far as breaking the songs up, I think it's fun. It's crazy. It takes the music in weird places, to connect things that aren't originally written to be connected.

It's also just a jamband thing ;)

Does that make sense?

On another note, I FINALLY just checked off a long-standing album I've been waiting for the right price on: ITTCT - Above The Earth, Below The Sky. Just pulled the trigger on a 2nd press Opaque Blue for $47 shipped.

Couldn't let that go. Been wanting to have this album for so long, mostly because the artwork is so fucking killer haha (the music is okay too, I guess.... haha)

so much money on records lately... ughhhh

I have bearcubbin in my "checked off" list and I don't remember anything as tight and awesome as that track above ^^^

Thanks for posting. (that camera work tho', excedrin migraine)

Matt - that rant was *perfection* - and raised my endorphin levels - heading up to bed with a chuckle. Thanks Breaux! :)

I have bearcubbin in my "checked off" list and I don't remember anything as tight and awesome as that track above ^^^

Matt - that rant was *perfection* - and raised my endorphin levels - heading up to bed with a chuckle. Thanks Breaux! :)

Welcome, bud. I'll be back in good ole VA come Friday morning. : )

Listen to it here: https://open.spotify.com/user/matt_photographs/playlist/7kqND8qg2g9dPLEsv7FlLa

(Disclaimer: It's only 1hr. 17m. as it is intended. And that's with the extended live version of Sycamore.)

So how would you compare the remastered release of The Four Trees and You Are The Conductor to the original mixes?

I'm always interested to hear new versions of albums, but sometimes they disappoint... I'm not a big fan of the remastered versions of "Celestial" and "Oceanic" that Isis put out within the last couple years.

So how would you compare the remastered release of The Four Trees and You Are The Conductor to the original mixes?

I'm always interested to hear new versions of albums, but sometimes they disappoint... I'm not a big fan of the remastered versions of "Celestial" and "Oceanic" that Isis put out within the last couple years.

They both sound fantastic. The remastering was done very well (as per usual through Mylene). My mood is really what decides which version I want to listen to. I usually spin the original versions, but if I listen digitally through headphones I listen to the remastered version. That's just personal preference though. But all in all the remastered collab. is wonderful. I can upload the FLAC version if you want it.

They both sound fantastic. The remastering was done very well (as per usual through Mylene). My mood is really what decides which version I want to listen to. I usually spin the original versions, but if I listen digitally through headphones I listen to the remastered version. That's just personal preference though. But all in all the remastered collab. is wonderful. I can upload the FLAC version if you want it.

Was just browsing some stuff I overlooked on Boomkat this year and wanted to put some things here:

original.jpg

Retribution Body - Aokigiahara

Aokigahara is 1 of very few places I want to go before I die. Read about it. As for the album - I love sub-bass and dear lord does this deliver. This guy makes the bass tones with piano and guitars and perfect acoustic placing of microphones. God damn I am psyched for this to show up. Listen to previews here: https://boomkat.com/products/aokigahara

whiteshadowsSouthSeas.jpg

Mike Cooper - White Shadows in the South Seas

Not my usual digs but... this is cool. Islandey guitar and field recordings... Check it out.

Previews: https://boomkat.com/products/white-shadows-in-the-south-seas-551b3a2e-5ee8-4b13-a229-145ca5119da8

889326456582.jpg

Ancestral Voices - Night of Visions

This sounds like Haxan Cloak in the Amazon rainforest. Some dark, tribal shit going on here. Very cool.

Previews: https://boomkat.com/products/night-of-visions 

original.jpg

Express Rising - Fixed Rope

Wow, this is some smooth stuff, and that art.  :wub: .  This is some deep easy-listening. I like.

Previews: https://boomkat.com/products/fixed-rope

You are welcome, that drumming is insane. Wish I had seen them when they came to town a few months back

Yeah dude that would be sick. I listen to The Four Trees and You Are The Conductor usually a couple times a week on CD, and I'd love to hear the difference.

You Are The Conductor clear with olive blob is probably my favorite sounding record. I don't go to it too often because I want to preserve it's quality.

Yeah dude that would be sick. I listen to The Four Trees and You Are The Conductor usually a couple times a week on CD, and I'd love to hear the difference.

You Are The Conductor clear with olive blob is probably my favorite sounding record. I don't go to it too often because I want to preserve it's quality.

I'm moving tonight. I'll upload it on a couple days once I'm unpacked and what not.

• jhulud locked this topic