It feels really forced now.

It has to be almost done at this point, right? Most of that shit got tied up in a nice little bow this episode.

That said, I don't hate that they're all connected this season, I think they're learning how to better write throwback jokes and it'll be a learning process.

It has to be almost done at this point, right? Most of that shit got tied up in a nice little bow this episode.

That said, I don't hate that they're all connected this season, I think they're learning how to better write throwback jokes and it'll be a learning process.

I enjoyed it more early on.  I do like that they're willing to mess with their format after so many years.  Even though I don't feel like the consistency was a complete success, I thought it was mostly fun.

• 9 months later...

Maybe I phrased it wrong: would places like Slate who have created the environment they are lampooning be so effusive about it if not handled just like this? I don't think so. I think they would have had a think piece of outrage instead.

Perhaps, but I don't think Trey and Matt went that route to please publications like Slate. I'd be more inclined to believe they're taking it on the chin and laughing with it because freaking out about it would just reinforce the persona South Park has portrayed of them.

I'm failing to express my point properly: this isn't to say Tre & Matt didn't intend it this way. My point: The critical acclaim from places that have been the PC police for a decade, the places that have created this atmosphere - I can't imagine that the widespread appreciation of this episode would be coming if the PC Police weren't who they are. 

Look, I did most of what Matt/Tre do - I like that they push the boundaries and make me think things through a bit while getting a healthy dose of toilet humor. I'm not so into their Libertarian-centric episodes but I've always loved to watch and see where they are going. I can't see the Slates of the internet liking this episode if the PC police were any other group than what we see here. It isn't about Matt/Tre and their choices - its more about the people, like slate, that are being lampooned for their efforts in creating this shit and how suddenly they praise the work. 

Anyway, I'm failing. It was funny. Dug it. Look forward to the next episode. I wish they'd do more episodes per season again.

I'm failing to express my point properly: this isn't to say Tre & Matt didn't intend it this way. My point: The critical acclaim from places that have been the PC police for a decade, the places that have created this atmosphere - I can't imagine that the widespread appreciation of this episode would be coming if the PC Police weren't who they are.

Look, I did most of what Matt/Tre do - I like that they push the boundaries and make me think things through a bit while getting a healthy dose of toilet humor. I'm not so into their Libertarian-centric episodes but I've always loved to watch and see where they are going. I can't see the Slates of the internet liking this episode if the PC police were any other group than what we see here. It isn't about Matt/Tre and their choices - its more about the people, like slate, that are being lampooned for their efforts in creating this shit and how suddenly they praise the work.

Anyway, I'm failing. It was funny. Dug it. Look forward to the next episode. I wish they'd do more episodes per season again.

I get where you're coming from, Dave :)