PO: Ty Segall "Gemini" Mailorder Only, One Week Only While Supplies Last!

http://www.dragcity.com/products/gemini

"Hey guess what? Your Ty Segall record scores for the year don't have to be over yet! Cool. That's because we've got a special offer for you; one that you'll only find in very select shops - if you find it at all!   

The track-list is familiar. The artwork's a burnt-eyed reminder of shapes we know so well. But it's not Twins. It's a few minutes older, and it's Gemini

large.jpg?1383603780

Gemini begat TwinsGemini + volumes = Twins. In other words, Gemini is the Twinsdemos, recorded between 2010 and 2012 by Ty Segall and Eric Bauer. Some were followed straight through, some were departed from to get the Twins effect. Now, inSleeper's dark, frothy wake, there's room next to Twins in this world for it's prenatal partner-in-womb, Gemini.

Gemini is LP-only, no digital, and ultra-limited, reserved for those who most need to look inside. Don't sleep as long as Gemini is in the world with you! It won't be for long. In fact, we're only gonna be selling it as a mailorder for a short period of time - like, say, just this week? Because we don't have enough to go around, that's party of the booty of Gemini. So drop your dime now and we'll have it to you by November 19thORDER HERE!

If anything seems to go amiss, please reply to this email. We'll be sure to fix up any problems you have. If everything's fine, just hold tight. We'll be in touch again when your order ships.

Thanks for the order,
Drag City Mail Order Dept"

I wouldn't be surprised if they just pressed more since the demand is so high, they repress lots of stuff that goes oop.  Otherwise I'd check Reckless and Goner's online stores on its street date if you missed out.

we're only gonna be selling it as a mailorder for a short period of time -

Am I missing something that leads people to believe these will be re-pressed and/or sold elsewhere.

The announcement pretty clearly says mailorder only and for a limited time.

Am I missing something that leads people to believe these will be re-pressed and/or sold elsewhere.

The announcement pretty clearly says mailorder only and for a limited time.

From the original post/e-mail that was sent:  "that's because we've got a special offer for you; one that you'll only find in very select shops - if you find it at all!"  

I guess the select shops line is making people think it might be in some select indie stores, but who knows.

From the original post/e-mail that was sent:  "that's because we've got a special offer for you; one that you'll only find in very select shops - if you find it at all!"  

I guess the select shops line is making people think it might be in some select indie stores, but who knows.

Cool, so I still have a shot!

I can see some stores getting it...but doubt they re-press.

The listing says out of press, and to my knowledge that label has never re-pressed any of their limited editions before.

They've repressed things that have gone out of print before. They really don't seem to do too many limited edition items so maybe they won't but the demand will be there so I wouldn't be shocked if they did, who could blame them if they did?

I would.  (blame them if they did.)

They've repressed things that have gone out of print...but not things that they had that were limited.

Heard the news when I woke up (damn jetlag !)

It was already too late, the site has already crashed.

Nevertheless it all seems strange to me :

> correct me if I'm wrong but there wasn't any "public" annoucement for this release, I mean nothing on the DC FB page, on Pitchfork (contrary to the other releases such as Fuzz deluxe record)

So I'd like to know where from those who were lucky enough to get it heard the news ? From the newsletter ?

> we don't have any info about the number pressed. I'd say 200 (that would explain that everything was sold out in 5 hours)

> the date on the DC release page in the 15th of october, but the news came out on the 4th of november...

> Meanwhile, the label remains silent and the site has crashed again...

Anyway, there are already 3 sellers on Ebay for this record (that you might get for only $200...)

Eventhough I do like limited pressings, this is becoming crazy and benefits only to unscrupulous sellers. 

To my mind, Drag City should follow the way Castle Face reacted to this craze (same scenario for Thee oh sees' Floating coffin) : releasing more copies.... 

But I may be dreaming too much

Heard the news when I woke up (damn jetlag !)

It was already too late, the site has already crashed.

Nevertheless it all seems strange to me :

> correct me if I'm wrong but there wasn't any "public" annoucement for this release, I mean nothing on the DC FB page, on Pitchfork (contrary to the other releases such as Fuzz deluxe record)

So I'd like to know where from those who were lucky enough to get it heard the news ? From the newsletter ?

> we don't have any info about the number pressed. I'd say 200 (that would explain that everything was sold out in 5 hours)

> the date on the DC release page in the 15th of october, but the news came out on the 4th of november...

> Meanwhile, the label remains silent and the site has crashed again...

Anyway, there are already 3 sellers on Ebay for this record (that you might get for only $200...)

Eventhough I do like limited pressings, this is becoming crazy. To my mind, Drag City should follow the way Castle Face reacted to this craze (same scenario for Thee oh sees' Floating coffin) : releasing more copies.... 

But I may be dreaming too much

Yea man, I was literally at home on my day off when my iPhone pinged me a new message from gmail. I read it, bought it, shared the news. Never had such a hyped e-mail from Drag City before.