No Sleep Records TP & Rare Records Charity eBay Auction

jhulud

Just like some other labels have been doing, No Sleep dumped a bunch of rare records and test presses on eBay. 10% of proceeds going to Toys for Tots.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nosleeprecords/m.html?item=190983226980&pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2c777cc664&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

$30.66, less than I was expecting. Once it comes in I'll have to take a picture of my Broadway Calls collection.

Nice! Yeah that's about the only good thing about people not caring about them. I won a Smartbomb test pressing for $15 from RJ a few years back haha.

I don't get why when labels sell test pressings everyone seems to get their panties in a bunch. You don't need to own a test pressing. Also betting most profits go towards more releases which is never a bad thing.

More or less this. I mean if it is for charity more than 10% would be nice, but it's discretionary. I always assume that a label owner throwing tests on ebay helps offset costs for future releases.

Nice! Yeah that's about the only good thing about people not caring about them. I won a Smartbomb test pressing for $15 from RJ a few years back haha.

More or less this. I mean if it is for charity more than 10% would be nice, but it's discretionary. I always assume that a label owner throwing tests on ebay helps offset costs for future releases.

Even if the money doesn't go to future releases, I don't see why it matters. People want to pay for them. The sellers aren't even asking for some absurd price, people actively place bids that they're comfortable paying. I am unsure if some think differently on here or not, but people who run labels don't make a lot of money, and also tend to work far more than your average person making the same amount. I wanna live in a nice apartment with my girlfriend and live comfortably as an adult just like everyone else in the world. 

Donating to charity is obviously awesome too, but I don't think that makes doing it for personal reasons immoral. 

Even if the money doesn't go to future releases, I don't see why it matters. People want to pay for them. The sellers aren't even asking for some absurd price, people actively place bids that they're comfortable paying. I am unsure if some think differently on here or not, but people who run labels don't make a lot of money, and also tend to work far more than your average person making the same amount. I wanna live in a nice apartment with my girlfriend and live comfortably as an adult just like everyone else in the world. 

Donating to charity is obviously awesome too, but I don't think that makes doing it for personal reasons immoral. 

It doesn't matter, just what I assumed for the most part. I agree... labels could do whatever they want to do with tests. They paid for them.