PO: Modern Baseball - You're Gonna Miss It All - Out 2/11/14 via RFC

It seemed like all the bands were super bass heavy tonight. Josh's bass for TWY overpowered everything but Soupy. MB was ridiculous with the drums though.

I've been to the beachem numerous times and I've never once left happy with the sound. The mix sounds like nothing but one noise with the vocals being mildly distinct which is usually extremely overpowered by bass. This place was meant to be a nightclub and it should stay that way. I wish bands that needed a bigger venue than the social would just play at the House of Blues.

With that being said, Fireworks was great last night. TWY and MB played great sets but they fell short due to the sound limitations/mix last night. Tonight modern baseball and Dikembe are playing at Will's so that should be great.

Not a fan of Real Friends or Fireworks, but they sounded pretty good. Citizen was excellent but the vocals were pretty much inaudible. And TWY was fantastic. Only thing missing for me was My Last Semester.

Totally agree about the Beacham, but a competent engineer at the board should be able to make any venue sound somewhat decent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...