OUT NOW: La Dispute - Rooms of the House

Ordered the coke bottle green variant. Didn't like Wildlife that much but loved the first record. Let's see how this record will turn out.

i don't really understand when people say this, because to me, Wildlife was kind of more of the same sounding stuff. (which i love, by the way)

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds good. I think the biggest surprise is that there isn't a song over 4:33. What's up with that? Not to be one of those guys but it seems like La Dispute have been at their best when they pull out a 6-, 7-, 8-minute song...

I'd be remiss if I didn't say I'm a little disappointed with the length but from what I did hear, they sounded great. The opening track sounds like it's going to be awesome. 

I wonder if they're going to release another installment of Here, Here?

Sounds good. I think the biggest surprise is that there isn't a song over 4:33. What's up with that? Not to be one of those guys but it seems like La Dispute have been at their best when they pull out a 6-, 7-, 8-minute song...

They've been spending too much time around Touche Amore

Gotta be a double LP. 18 minutes a side I think is standard if you don't want to push the noise factor. I can't see 5 LD songs being less than 18 mins

The album is just under 42 minutes long, so it will most likely be a single LP. Tracks 1-6 are 22:57, and tracks 7-11 are 18:44.

Album's totally fucking awesome, btw. And they've already done nearly 5,000 preorders, according to my friend who works at their label. Wild.

The album is just under 42 minutes long, so it will most likely be a single LP. Tracks 1-6 are 22:57, and tracks 7-11 are 18:44.

Album's totally fucking awesome, btw. And they've already done nearly 5,000 preorders, according to my friend who works at their label. Wild.

damn! that is wild. 

If I hated Somewhere and Wildlife, is this much of a change?  If its more just straightforward hardcore, I'll give it a shot.  I can use without the whiny spoken word-esque songs and the seemingly unfitting word choices in the lyrics.

If I hated Somewhere and Wildlife, is this much of a change? If its more just straightforward hardcore, I'll give it a shot. I can use without the whiny spoken word-esque songs and the seemingly unfitting word choices in the lyrics.

The spoken word and lyrics kinda make La Dispute what they are.

The spoken word and lyrics kinda make La Dispute what they are.

Well I know it's what defined their sound, I'm just personally not a fan, and I can see them taking a more straightforward approach to this record after those past two "ambitious" attempts.  That's all I was getting at.  

Well I know it's what defined their sound, I'm just personally not a fan, and I can see them taking a more straightforward approach to this record after those past two "ambitious" attempts. That's all I was getting at.

Wait until it's out and they share some more songs. If you didn't like anything else they've done then you probably won't like this.

Any one want to buy my blue copy at cost? want to get the deluxe. Hit me up!

If it hasn't shipped out then just order the deluxe and cancel your current order.