PO: NOTHING - Guilty of Everything LP

Guest Secular Haze

The deluxe bundle was my first order at Relapse. So whats the deal with the /100 clear copies? Do they put some random in orders like Deathwish or are they all given away to friends / family of the label?

Band members and label employees only.

The deluxe bundle was my first order at Relapse. So whats the deal with the /100 clear copies? Do they put some random in orders like Deathwish or are they all given away to friends / family of the label?

Relapse will put some on discogs eventually for $124.99, like the True Widow Circumambulation, and any other hot item.

As stated above also they will trickle on to ebaY as well

I predict the first few will hit some outrageous $, and hopefully then taper off some.

They were very smart to pick up TW and Nothing, though not an exact fit with their other bands.

Does anyone else think these were overpriced? The deluxe is nice and all but it's just a single jacket and the "o-card wrap" folds open. I thought it would be more of a slip cover thing.

I already said that a month ago:

that deluxe edition is quite nice indeed but way overpriced. the die-cut cover is absolutely beautiful, but I just do not need a NOTHING slip mat. *sigh*

Deluxe defiantly not over priced! Due to the slipmat... Usually mats are $10-15 so the LP being $15 is low considering the nice packaging!

Well, that is definitely a good point.

Nevertheless, I collect records and not slipmats.

Perhaps overpriced was the wrong term to describe the needlessness of this although I am aware that many people are quite happy to receive some extra goodies with their records.

Can anybody tell me,how relapse handle their parcels?Well packaged? I'am afraid to receive mine with seam splits,ding corners and so on over there in Europe.

They package their LPs really well.  Mine showed up with the LP out of the sleeve and between two pieces of cardboard.  They also use oversized mailers with extra support on two sides.

Mine showed up today and I (luckily) had time to give it a spin before work.  No song in particular jumped out at me, but the album as a whole was really damn good.  Looking forward to spending more time with it over the next week or two.  I didn't get much time to check out the packaging, but I did like the die cut sleeve.  The packaging as a whole looks really slick.