Post Your Record Storage Area

When I moved into my first place back in December I finally got a decent space to store my records, as opposed to boxes under my bed and my wardrobe all the time I was living at home. The agreement was that I got the dining room for all my records & my other half got the second bedroom as her walk in wardrobe, awww yeah!

[image]

[image]

Note the Union Jack playing cards :))))

Every time I come in this thread I get psyched up about doing something awesome with my record storage, then I remember I'm poor and don't have a permanent residence yet so it wouldn't make sense. I need a house that can easily store lots of records and books, because that's what I like more than anything else I own (well, I probably like my hockey equipment more).

years ago:

My new downsized collection since i moved into my parents house

[image]

(still have a couple boxes of 7"s and a box full of LPs, just dont know where to put them)

where'd you get those fancy looking things that are holding the 7"s?

I picked them up at an arts and crafts discount store for a couple bucks a piece.

Its really easy to find those type of boxes at those types of stores.

I've wanted to post one of these for awhile. I keep my records in the second bedroom of my apartment. The room also doubles as a storage area and guest bedroom, but it's mostly for my babies.

[image]

[image]

I keep my (brand spankin new!) turntable out in the living room, as it's hooked up to the same stereo/receiver/surround sound system that my TV is. Ballin

[image]

the 7"s are all in the wall shelves too. That whole wall in the 3rd pic is all 7"s. All the stuff on the wall is new/distro stuff. all the stuff in the middle of the room is used stuff listed for sale. The stuff in bins on top of the shelves is just all personal stuff and/or unlisted stuff. The stuff in closets is stuff i havent gone through or opened yet, and the bins in the living room which arent pictured are all personal collection.

Mine are a bunch of crates under my bed and turntables. I have a few shelves too, but nothing like Ikea type furniture some people have posted. It's interesting to see people with large collections and only one turntable.

how many turntables do you need? unless you are going to be DJ'ing in your bedroom you can only listen to one record at a time.

Some people have one for 45s and one for 33s. Again, you need to have a large and serious collection to go that way. Some turntable need you to lift the platter and change the belt's gear to change the speed so it MIGHT be some people's way.

you must be pretty goddamn lazy to have two turntables for two different speeds.

he is being modest he does youtube videos that I LOVE!

and he talks about vinyl and he is from Canada...I wish I was a famous celebrity so I could hide from my adoring fans.

Haha, this is weird, it's like I have a real fan! ;)

What kind of shelves are those?

Home Depot

Here's an updated pic btw, it's filled in since the last one, haha!

[image]

he is being modest he does youtube videos that I LOVE!

and he talks about vinyl and he is from Canada...I wish I was a famous celebrity so I could hide from my adoring fans.

Haha, this is weird, it's like I have a real fan! ;)

What kind of shelves are those?

Home Depot

Here's an updated pic btw, it's filled in since the last one, haha!

[image]

Home depot sells them or you made them?

• jhulud locked this topic