Post Your Record Storage Area

Thanks!  It's a labor of love that has accumulated over the years.  I'm beginning to run out of space but hopefully I'll be buying a new place in the next year or 2 and can spread out some.

Do you love listening as much as collecting? Seems like you could put some of that cash that goes into records and put it into some speaker stands. And what is that next to your receiver and turntable?

Do you love listening as much as collecting? Seems like you could put some of that cash that goes into records and put it into some speaker stands. And what is that next to your receiver and turntable?

Yes, I love listening to records as much as I do collecting.  On the evenings when I don't go out to a show or some other adventure I typically listen for 2 to 3 hours.  I'm that guy that puts the TV on sports, mutes it, and cranks tunes. 

I don't have speaker stands because I lack space for them.  If my speakers were elevated in my small condo it would look retarded and even more full than it already appears.  There is no lack of sound coming from the Klipsch speakers on the floor and the Bose speakers to the left and right side of the shelf that has my receiver and turntable add the perfect amount of high end to compliment the Klipsch floor speakers. 

tumblr_mm4y87TuZy1qz5z88o1_500.jpg

At first i was worried about the amount of sun hitting them, but after watching it (the sun) for a few days i decided to mover my stuff in to this corner. With one of our AC vents right over it everything worked out great. It also took me 4 hours to hang that TV because im a moron. 

You guys that fill the top sections of your 2x4, are you worries about the shelves not being able to hold the weight of a full shelf of records? 

I have the same shelf and my bottom 4 shelves are full, but im worried about starting to fill the top part because of fear that it may collapse.

You guys that fill the top sections of your 4x8, are you worries about the shelves not being able to hold the weight of a full shelf of records? 

I have the same shelf and my bottom 4 shelves are full, but im worried about starting to fill the top part because of fear that it may collapse.

this is a 2x4.... mine holds together just fine with the top ones filled. however with the larger ones, I would make sure to have them on the ground the way they were intended. mine is meant to be standing straight up. but this is easier in my opinion.  

this is a 2x4.... mine holds together just fine with the top ones filled. however with the larger ones, I would make sure to have them on the ground the way they were intended. mine is meant to be standing straight up. but this is easier in my opinion.  

sorry, meant 2x4. its the same one i have. i've heard it was meant to stand vertically, not horizontally. which is what i've been worried about.

Yes, I love listening to records as much as I do collecting.  On the evenings when I don't go out to a show or some other adventure I typically listen for 2 to 3 hours.  I'm that guy that puts the TV on sports, mutes it, and cranks tunes. 

I don't have speaker stands because I lack space for them.  If my speakers were elevated in my small condo it would look retarded and even more full than it already appears.  There is no lack of sound coming from the Klipsch speakers on the floor and the Bose speakers to the left and right side of the shelf that has my receiver and turntable add the perfect amount of high end to compliment the Klipsch floor speakers. 

Ignorance is bliss. Glad you are enjoying it!

Ah ok. The lack of TV in the photos threw me off. What speakers are you using?

Aperions. I love them.

Here's a better shot of the whole room from a while back...

988A3792-D96A-479D-B1D5-1D43E5798FF6-182

And a speaker shot...

null_zps540be368.jpg

Also, for those with Expedits, have you modded the cubes with a stopper? I cut strips of moulding and tacked them in each one so that all of my LPs sit evenly with the face of the unit.

4FC0CA59-2334-45DB-9E2D-CE048B75B397-135

Good to know. I have a 2x4 Expedit that I put horizontal too, and only have 4 full cubes. It's a pain having all my records on the bottom row because I have to basically lay on the floor to take records out and put them back, but I was worried about it holding up. When I move next month I think I'm going to just fill the top row.

• jhulud locked this topic