Post Your Record Storage Area

Did you make the backing on the expedit yourself, or is it something you bought?

They are part of the expedit door inserts that the store sells, I think they're about $20 each. I had to put them together without the top and bottom pieces in order to fit 12" in there. It makes them a bit flimsier when you put them together this way, but if you drill them into the inner walls of the shelf like Ikea suggests then you'll have no problem.

I myself will be getting Pro-ject debut carbon and Marantz pm5004, how are you liking the combination of the two?

also, could the pro-ject and Marantz fit on top of a 2x2 expedit?

I absolutely love the way my set up sounds. I previously had an old Sony receiver and a DJ preamp that was okay, but would give off a slight buzzing sound when turned up really loud. With the marantz I can turn it up to uncomfortable listening levels and sounds really great and almost completely silent. And of course quality got a little better with more defined highs and lows.

For the carbon I was not a fan at all of how the stock cartridge (Ortofon 2M Red) sounded. It was way too bright sounding for my tastes and gave off a bit of IGD out of the box. Switching to the Shure (which I had also used previously) was the right move for me. Also had to tinker with/loosen the "transportation screws" under the platter to eliminate a tiny hum caused by the motor when I got it. Also also got rid of the piece of crap felt mat that comes with it for the Pro-Ject leather-it mat to counter static. Sounds fantastic now.

Nice boxsets.

Thanks! Never especially liked box sets as I got initally into records but those are a few of my favorite bands so I couldn't resist 8-)

liking those doors

Thanks, dude! It was a solution for me.. a couple years ago when my cat was younger she was a bit destructive and would like to chew on the outer part of the plastic sleeves so I needed to get the records behind something. Now as she's a little more mature and has been blocked off for a while, she doesn't really do that anymore, hence why I've been able to move the records I display in front on the bottom four cubes.

I haven't seen doors like this, they aren't those weird slide in things that ikea sells. Where did you get these?

They actually are, see first response in this post

Just moved 900 miles and got to reorganize.

My setup (don't judge my lady's cookbooks):

8942127250_b3e50580b2_z.jpg

Dual 1257:

8942130332_008fea3f5d_z.jpg

My storage (that Summit box is a ton of 7" vinyl to still sort); crates contain 10", Compilations, Box Sets, & 12" Singles:

8942122576_b2bfa4eedc_z.jpg

Music wall - Farewell Continental, Cake, Rival Schools, Journey, & Def Leppard are autographed. Big Wreck, Superdrag, Ben Folds, & Phantom Planet are promo flat posters

8942124814_437704c40c_z.jpg

Boxes to be sorted (there are more around the room too)

8941513417_baf508314a_z.jpg

I found some great boxes in the Home Office section of Walmart. They are paper or document boxes that even have a little label box on the front. I have two each of two different sizes and they fit 7"s very well. I checked the website and I saw a couple of similar things, but didn't see anything close enough to link to here.

I found some great boxes in the Home Office section of Walmart. They are paper or document boxes that even have a little label box on the front. I have two each of two different sizes and they fit 7"s very well. I checked the website and I saw a couple of similar things, but didn't see anything close enough to link to here.

DVD storage boxes work well if you don't mind then sticking out of the top a couple inches.. http://www.amazon.com/Ideastream-Snap-N-Store-Storage-Accents-SNS01524/dp/B000EFJY3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370373596&sr=8-1&keywords=DVD+storage+box

I need some kind of 1x2 to put on top of my expedit. Im out of shelf space, but also out of living space.

I believe I saw them at Ikea I go to the last time I was there.  They weren't on display, but were in the same aisle of the warehouse as the 2x2, 4x2, 4x4 and 5x5 expedits, just above them.  Go to the kiosk and see if they offer them.  I do remember only seeing one color though.

• jhulud locked this topic