Post Your Record Storage Area

no. i just prefer to think of a record as a medium for delivering sound. not a decoration.

while I generally agree with this (I am not a variant collector...), there is nothing wrong with repurposing shitty-old-beat-to-fuck 45s.  Seriously, does the world need to listen to more scratched copies of Herb Alpert? 

while I generally agree with this (I am not a variant collector...), there is nothing wrong with repurposing shitty-old-beat-to-fuck 45s.  Seriously, does the world need to listen to more scratched copies of Herb Alpert? 

no worries. just giving you a hard time. i could listen to herb alpert, nancy sinatra and sam cooke all day, every day

I have some 7-inches that I want to keep in a separate box. Kind of like the thick cardboard boxes often used for box sets. I've been looking around but I only find mailers or boxes that hold 40+ records. I need one for 20 7-inches. Material doesn't matter as long as it's sturdy. Color should be white, black or natural. Something like this would be perfect:

320px-War_Child_Heroes_7_Inch_Box_Set.jp

I've seen pics of a thinner version of the one below which would work. But these seem to be discontinued at Bags Unlimited.

5861.jpg

Where do I look?

I like your wall. What did you use to make the 7" fit in place? Hot glue? Nails?

I have a lot of good looking CDs (like Microsoft CDs with holographic covers) and hard drive discs I'd like to fit like that when I buy a house. I used to make them stand on the wall with pinpoints but I'm looking for something better.

At the Container Store I saw a piece similar to the one that you push the cd onto on a discman. Can't find em on the site though.

I have some 7-inches that I want to keep in a separate box. Kind of like the thick cardboard boxes often used for box sets. I've been looking around but I only find mailers or boxes that hold 40+ records. I need one for 20 7-inches. Material doesn't matter as long as it's sturdy. Color should be white, black or natural. 

Have you considered just building one? It would be a pretty easy task (even for those who aren't very "handy").

records are for listening. not hot gluing to your wall. completely retarded

No need to refer to something you wouldn't choose to do as "completely retarded". 

Those 45s are all beyond repair and/or listenable so I chose to use them as decoration to surround my music listening area with music.

Guest jpsports2

Now that Dave has so kindly moved and pinned the "Post Your Setup Thread" in the Turntables/Audio Equipment forum, let's keep this one for record storage only and post all of your awesome setups in one place.

Here: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/17682-post-your-set-up-thread/

ok, i was not awear of this but it makes sense since this thread fell so low

Guest johneedeformed

The only thing "retarded" is this type of pretentious elitism. This is why VC gets bad rep in the vinyl community. Too many whiny elitists. "You are not worthy of vinyl! Only ME!" Vinyl is for everyone.

VC has a bad rep in the "vinyl community"?

I am just curious where/who is the vinyl community? I really only spend time here and I try to check out r/vinyl but usually get tired of seeing pictures of King Crimson's "In The Court of the Crimson King" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". (Both are excellent albums, but for fuck's sake, we all know what they look like AND sound like).

I know there is a vinyl community on You Tube but it seems to be filled with people that are more interested in acquiring records for the sake of acquiring records, and thus get boners over anything..these videos seem filled with mostly thrift store "finds" of classic rock albums. I could be wrong on this though. I used to like watching "Dan In Canada's" videos before he called it quits...dude had an awesome collection and pretty rad musical tastes.

I am just curious where/who is the vinyl community? I really only spend time here and I try to check out r/vinyl but usually get tired of seeing pictures of King Crimson's "In The Court of the Crimson King" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon".

I know there is a vinyl community on You Tube but it seems to be filled with people that are more interested in acquiring records for the sake of acquiring records, and thus get boners over anything..these videos seem filled with mostly thrift store "finds" of classic rock albums. I could be wrong on this though. I used to like watching "Dan In Canada's" videos before he called it quits...dude had an awesome collection and pretty rad musical tastes.

Seriously though, VC sucks.  What with all its label owners and people helping eachother get tour editions/hard to find records/giving away free records for the hell of it, who would want to come here?

Guest johneedeformed

Seriously though, VC sucks.  What with all its label owners and people helping eachother get tour editions/hard to find records/giving away free records for the hell of it, who would want to come here?

The sarcasm is delicious! Keep in mind that I never said VC "sucks." Those are your words.

I am just curious where/who is the vinyl community? I really only spend time here and I try to check out r/vinyl but usually get tired of seeing pictures of King Crimson's "In The Court of the Crimson King" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". (Both are excellent albums, but for fuck's sake, we all know what they look like AND sound like).

In this case, I'm referring to collectors in the local area. Don't get me wrong, VC is a great place and concept. The only knock against it is that there tend to be a handful of self-entitled elitists who like to whine about just about everything outside of their comfort zones. Gets a bit annoying when every thread turns into "you collect vinyl for different reasons than I do, therefore I'm more pretentious" or "how dare they charge more than $5 for an LP!"

Guest johneedeformed

Perfect example of the elitism being referred to.

• jhulud locked this topic