Favorite color of vinyl?

Yeah, I would have to say that my preference for color is almost exclusively based upon what the album artwork looks like.

Definitely. It always strikes me as odd when coloured vinyl is released that carries no resemblence to what the artwork is like. Just seems like a totally silly decision to me when there's so many cool options to pick from even if going solely based off the artwork.

I seem to draw towards translucent gold for some reason. With black streaks especially is killer.

Clear with splatter also takes the cake, although I don't have a single one on the shelf.

Case in point

tumblr_mz8or1Dzol1siie31o1_1280.jpg

Splatter and haze overall is sick and for some reason is always superiour to swirls. Marble's still good. Damn it, I love it all.

Depends on artwork. Love it when it matches the artwork.

If the artwork is plain or indifferent I also dig clear (coke bottle or standard) or a translucent matching color.

Splatter is also really cool but sometimes those don't come out as cool as they could be!

ALL OF THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^

To go with the splatter, there's nothing more disappointing than opening a record thats a splatter/marble to find out there's hardly any splatter/marble!

I.E. Something Corporate's North in blue, FOB's FUTCT in Maroon (one is solid maroon), Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue Acoustic from Hot Topic (it's pretty much just the orange with a little white on the edge.)

Basically as long as it's done well and the colors compliment each other and the album cover... I'm good!

I too have a distaste for white vinyl - not only does it always seem to sound a little off, but it's visually very unappealing.

That being said, I love it when the label's do something crazy to make the vinyl color the EXACT color scheme of the album artwork. (i.e. the Pure Noise's of the world)

That, and, 180g black vinyl. Gotta love it.

I also have very high hopes for the Opaque Lavender vinyl I have coming in for the Hotelier from Tiny Engines. I figure it'll be one of the cooler colors of vinyl I own. Here's to hoping.