2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

My local store (Clarity Records) is doing a 24-hour day (midnight to midnight) to celebrate RSD. Went there about 15 minutes before it opened and was probably about 200th in line. I managed to score a copy of the Set Your Goals - Reset 10th anniversary 10" and a copy of the Starvation/Negative Reinforcement split RSD cover (exclusive to Clarity). Slightly bummed that I didn't get a copy of Ghostbusters but I was surprised there was a copy of the Circa Survive split left while I was looking through.

Also, fuck that dude who cut the line and bought 3 copies of the Crosses EPs.

I went in at 6 this morning and spent $250, then was first in line for title.

I really wanted Gambino, I thought 15 copies would last til the morning. The line was far too hectic last night for me

How would RSD central know though? 

Lets play a scenario:

Little Johnny planned on going to the record store at original posted time. Johnny shows up to find out it's been open for 1 hour already, and he was planning on going two hours early. The one vinyl Little Johnny wanted was gone, and so Little Johnny goes to the RSD site and complains. This is breaking terms with Record Store Day and will result in the store being banned.

My R$D is over for another year.

Grabbed the OFF! 7", SOIA tri colour repress, smith street band 10", one man army on opaque red, and public enemy - it takes a nation...12" with a weird 3d lenticular cover. I didn't know anything about it being on the RSD list, but it was out with all the other RSD stock. Anyway, it sounds tops.

I hope you all get what you want, good luck!

I'll be at Electric Avenue music in West Chester, PA around 6 or so. I'm a fat guy and I'll probably be the first (only?) dude in line, so come say hi. This is definitely THE RSD shop for Philly's western burbs. They got a ton of stuff in.

I'll be at shady dog in Berwyn! Id go to electric ave cause they're awesome but my friend works at Shady dog so gotta support them

I'll be at shady dog in Berwyn! Id go to electric ave cause they're awesome but my friend works at Shady dog so gotta support them

Nice dude. Shady Dog is great for used classic rock. Didn't realize they were a RSD participant. Jason at Electric Ave is my homeboy, and I've got some store credit to help pay for that Cake box set haha.

It's rainy slightly heavily here right now, I hope it clears up soon

I just checked the forecast for us. It's 100% chance of rain until 4am. By the way, if you see a guy sitting in a folding chair watching WWE Network while in line, that's me lol