The lawn mower guy isn't Reggie Ledoux, but he is probably of some importance. 

Off chance, but did you call him Remy because the lawn mower guy is played by the same actor who plays George Remus in Boardwalk Empire and that's just your nickname for him, or did you think that his name was Remy and not Reggie?

Also, yeah, I fucking love this show so much.

oh shit i thought you were talking about the very last scene of episode three that's why i was confused. yeah that lawn mower guy at the school was definitely intriguing.

and i typed remy because i was tired and forgetful, i wish there was a cooler reasoning for it than that.

" I just assumed he showed up at the hospital because someone called the police and he heard it over the radio or something."

Wasn't there a shot of Chole looking at his ringing phone right before he showed up at the hospital? And the look Marty's wife gave Chole when he got there seemed to say thanks for coming. I thought it was clear she called him.

" I just assumed he showed up at the hospital because someone called the police and he heard it over the radio or something."

Wasn't there a shot of Chole looking at his ringing phone right before he showed up at the hospital? And the look Marty's wife gave Chole when he got there seemed to say thanks for coming. I thought it was clear she called him.

I believe she told her coworker behind the counter to stay near the phone when Marty showed up, so I think she prob gave (silent) instruction to that coworker to call Rust while she was being hounded by Marty.

This show really is amazing. It is the only show currently on TV that I watch that at the end I am a bit upset I have to wait a full week for the next epsiode. Amazing the way McConaughey's career turned and how great of an actor he has become the past couple of years.

One thing I will say though, I hope they do in fact keep it a mini-series. It's so strong right now that I don't want it to get drawn out and go downhill. The only way I do see another season is without Harrelson and McConaughey, maybe the two detectives doing the questioning trying to solve the current case.

Also, Alexandra Daddario... wow. 

After complaining to comcast about how crappy comcast is they gave us 3 months of free HBO. So i watched the 1st two episodes last night - this is pretty good. I was uncertain about the name too, given there is already a true blood. However, i am hoping for a Game of Thrones Sam the Slayer spinoff called True Craven.

This show really is amazing. It is the only show currently on TV that I watch that at the end I am a bit upset I have to wait a full week for the next epsiode. Amazing the way McConaughey's career turned and how great of an actor he has become the past couple of years.

One thing I will say though, I hope they do in fact keep it a mini-series. It's so strong right now that I don't want it to get drawn out and go downhill. The only way I do see another season is without Harrelson and McConaughey, maybe the two detectives doing the questioning trying to solve the current case.

Also, Alexandra Daddario... wow. 

True Detective uses an anthology format, much like that of American Horror Story. So each season will feature different characters and a different story. I think they are also going to use different directors for each season as well. 

Love this show, but one thing I don't get - at the end if ep 3 when the boys were creeping up on what I thought was the house of LeDeux, then we see gas mask man - what happened next? We cut from that to the beginning of ep 4 in the jail. Didn't they roll up on the house and look around and if so didn't they see gas mask man?

Love this show, but one thing I don't get - at the end if ep 3 when the boys were creeping up on what I thought was the house of LeDeux, then we see gas mask man - what happened next? We cut from that to the beginning of ep 4 in the jail. Didn't they roll up on the house and look around and if so didn't they see gas mask man?

I think the purpose was merely a flash forward for what is going to happen. This show is very clever and precise about their who, what, where, when and why which keeps the audience intrigued and always wanting more. It will come to light eventually, but the timing wasn't right just yet. 

I don't think they were necessarily creeping up on Ledoux as much as they were just showing who they are now after. 

True Detective uses an anthology format, much like that of American Horror Story. So each season will feature different characters and a different story. I think they are also going to use different directors for each season as well. 

Wasn't aware of this, but that seems intriguing. Keep it fresh.

Alright, I'm going to take a stab at the first theory, it has a ton of holes but it's more so me trying to establish what I think is going on. SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ALL FOUR EPISODES, OBVIOUSLY. I'M ALSO GOING TO TOUCH ON A SMALL IMDB SPOILER THAT WAS PUT IN THE SPECIAL SPOILER BRACKETS EARLIER, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT STOP NOW. 

When someone initially brought up Marty's daughters drawing I was like, whatever man, you're crazy. But it was bugging me too much so I rewatched all four episodes. I think the "kids" theme/idea/whatever keeps popping up. 

1. When they're investigating the travelling church they asked who painted the mural of the lady with the antler crown, the preacher responds "the kids did"

2. Episode 2 when Marty goes to get his girls for dinner, they leave their dolls on the floor with the Barbie being raped while four other male dolls watch on

3. The drawings Marty's daughter did, on the last page we see what is a man in what looks to be a mask touching the naked girl. The first time we are introduced to Reggie Ledoux, he's wearing a mask. When asked why she drew it she responded "the other kids told her to, they said it would be funny" (save this thought for later)

4. Episode 3 I believe in the present day interviews Marty asks the two cops something along the lines of "do you want to hear about when we pulled those kids from that house" then it's brushed over for a later date. 

5. When Marty and Rusty are interrogating Charlie Lange for the second time he says that Reggie used to talk about this place where they would do like devil worshipping and sacrifice kids and stuff.

SO here goes my theory: Reggie Ledoux was somehow a part of a twisted christian/cult sort of group. I think this group is run or established by the Governor and his Pastor brother. They would use women like prostitutes to carry out these ritualistic killings. The little devil catcher things at the murder scenes aren't devil worshipping tools but they keep away the devil (like the black preacher said) when he's getting too close (they are killing people ie. letting the devil get close). It's some sort of cleansing maybe. Kids are somehow involved, either they're part of the ritual or are supposed to watch and fear it or learn from it, I don't know but they've obviously seen Ledoux, they've seen the woman/women with their crowns while they're being killed. Lange said it was "rich men" involved while being interrogated. This has to be the Governor and I would assume his brother (further stretching here but even that bald dickhead cop in the blue uniform trying to head the taskforce), the lawnmower man is in the town where the girl went missing and told the detectives he was on the governor/his brothers payroll (IMDB spoiler I mentioned, he's going to come back with them later). I think though that Reggie started liking the killings too much and took it outside the group and made one public finally for everyone to see. This made the governor and his brother start the task force against crimes with an anti-christian theme or whatever. That way they can control the investigation and ideally get to Reggie Ledoux first before anyone can get him and he talks.

How the kids get involved and aren't killed/don't tell someone/find the events funny (according to Marty's daughter) I don't yet know. But this theory would also give us a link to what I assume will be next season. A new killing has come up, obviously Rusty is the prime suspect but if this was in fact part of some fucked up cult, ritual thing, that would mean others were the to witness all the details OR one of the kids has now grown up (if he's 10 at the time, he's in his 20's in present day) and is now doing the killings the way he saw them done. So much emphasis has been put on religion (specifically how everyone in the area are Christians) that it isn't too much of a stretch to guess on some holier-than-thou clean up the trash club. Like I said though, how this all stays quiet is a mystery but my main points are that the governor and his brother are surely involved and know Ledeux/what he's doing.  

Another guess is Rusty for sure sleeps with Marty's wife (Marty doesn't wear a wedding ring present day).

Some interesting thoughts in there. I always thought the imagery with Marty's kids was more symbolic than tying directly in to the main story. I would say that some of the stuff you mentioned doesn't really fit the current tone of the show, but neither did the end of the last episode. Those 10 minutes show that they're willing to turn the whole thing on its head.

Also, the show only sent out screeners for the first 4 episodes to TV critics, so I wouldn't be surprised if some crazy shit went down next episode.

I also hope that next season is a completely different story with, at most, just a couple references or winks at the first season. This season has really captured the time period, the location, and a strong theme of masculinity. It would be a shame for the people behind the show not to explore different areas with similar depth.

More kids, looks like it's going for sure in the governor/his pastor brother with another character confirming some big names

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Agreed. I yelled oh shit when Reggie got shot in the head. I kinda saw it coming, but it was so well shot that it was still disarming.

This show is phenomenal. The kids theme is really apparent. The last episode had Marty's two kids playing around and then showing the other one grow up and have sex with the two older guys. And in the first or second episode chole keeps thinking that old girl that went missing was connected and he had déjà vu or something when they drove around that run down town.

Easily the best show on right now. I can't even wait til Monday to watch it anymore.

Anyone watch house of cards yet. First episode is so good and got me turned back on to it.