Have the Bon Iver S/T pressings been fixed?

I'm guessing you will get answers like, "Just because they keep making new pressings (do we know this is true?), they use the old plates and probably the same pressing plants, so the sound quality issues remain"

Reviews on Discogs from Feb 2015 say it is terrible.

http://www.discogs.com/Bon-Iver-Bon-Iver-Bon-Iver/master/345153

Personally I know of only one specific pressing, there has not been a reissue/remaster/whatever yet. I bought a second hand copy a few months ago and it actually sounds pretty decent, at least by far not as terrible as I was expecting. These might just be hit-or-miss, so don't shell out too much money for them maybe.

They released a patch in April, just download and apply it to any existing copy. Mine sounds flawless.

I'm sure a turntable firmware upgrade would do wonders too.

I'm guessing you will get answers like, "Just because they keep making new pressings (do we know this is true?), they use the old plates and probably the same pressing plants, so the sound quality issues remain"

Reviews on Discogs from Feb 2015 say it is terrible.

http://www.discogs.com/Bon-Iver-Bon-Iver-Bon-Iver/master/345153

Ugh, I had this rare hope that things changed in the upcoming months.  Sadly the white and red releases people have no complaints with.

Personally I know of only one specific pressing, there has not been a reissue/remaster/whatever yet. I bought a second hand copy a few months ago and it actually sounds pretty decent, at least by far not as terrible as I was expecting. These might just be hit-or-miss, so don't shell out too much money for them maybe.

Hmm

Bought my copy when it first came out. Horrendous is a bit harsh. It is certainly listenable. I still prefer it to the mp3s.

I mean that's good to an extent, guess it doesn't justify the price though

They released a patch in April, just download and apply it to any existing copy. Mine sounds flawless.

tumblr_n7d8zl1yo91smcbm7o1_500.gif

For Emma was pretty crappy. Self titled I didn't have an issue with. I've listened several times. It's one I even prefer in headphones.

INteresting, I'm thinking buy it, and hope that Jagauwar (sp?) can give me a proper replacement of it .  Still nervous.

Ugh, I had this rare hope that things changed in the upcoming months.  Sadly the white and red releases people have no complaints with.

Unless they are from the UK pressing the coloured ones will be from exactly the same masters as the normal US pressing and the run outs indicate they are from the same US plates so I doubt there is any difference.

Both the US and UK masters were done at Sterling so I doubt there is any real difference in any of them.

Hmm

I mean that's good to an extent, guess it doesn't justify the price though

INteresting, I'm thinking buy it, and hope that Jagauwar (sp?) can give me a proper replacement of it .  Still nervous.

tumblr_n7d8zl1yo91smcbm7o1_500.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Truly a wonderful moron you are.

So i took a chance and bought it and damn the pops and clicks. Did anyone complain to the label about this? If so whats their response? I sent them an email.

You bought a record that is known to be terrible after making a thread that further confirmed that it's terrible yet he's the moron.