There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

What I find funny is Trump's detractors can't understand his rise in popularity. He really is a hodgepodge / Frankenstein candidate. 

The liberals hate him and the conservative right wing establishment hates him. 

He rose in popularity on an America First type platform and took the mantle of defending the disinfranchised conservative voter.

-The last couple of years have been nothing but divide-and-conqure politics coming from this White House. Especially with the George Soros led Black Lives Matter. Now the new trend is "White Privilege." Give me a break.

-Conservatives over the last few years are constantly labeled with trendy SJW words to diminish their beliefs: bigot, homophobe, racist, misogynist etc. When conservatives are not those things, the words just stifle debate and shut down people.

-When Obama was first elected he went on an apology tour, Trump promotes America.

-Many Republican voters are sick of the Republican establishment and not sticking true to their words.

-The Trump campaign, I believe, is an extreme offshoot of the Tea Party, because that became co-opted by the Republican Establishment.

-The hype around "building a wall" comes from the fact voters have been promised a fix to the border since Reagan and nothing ever happens. 

-Liberals are outraged Trump would ban (temporarily) Muslim immigrants. While the American people can see what the military aged Muslim immigrants are doing in other countries. 

-Muslim radicals detest what Liberals are all about yet Liberals defend them all of the time - ridiculous. 

-Trump does not want a war with Russia - Hillary and the War Hawk Right does. 

-Trump claims when he gets in he will destroy ISIS quickly and not expand a war for years like Bush and Obama have done.

-Voters are sick of war and Trump sounds like he is not a War hawk. 

-His claim from the beginning is that he was self funding. Even though that seems to have changed unfortunately. 

All in all, he could act more mature and be more courteous. 

15 minutes ago, futures said:

There are just so many things.... I don't even know where to start. Wow.

I thought the same thing. My head hurts.

All I'll say is Trump doesn't have a consistent stance on anything (sans the wall) so there really is nothing to argue about. Just love his taco bowl people!

17 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I know there are conservatives on here, who are you going to vote for?

This question but for everyone in all my social circles. I have so many family members/friends/coworkers who I know are staunch conservatives who do not like Hilary (or Bernie, but c'mon guys). I have to assume that some of them will hold their nose and Make America Great Again, but several close conservative friends have said they'll vote third party or abstain from the presidential vote altogether. Even my uncle, who is a big time alt-right Breitbart diaper baby, told me flat out he won't vote Trump. This could have dire consequences for the Republican party in terms of Senate races if Trump bums out enough once-reliable conservative voters, probably why virtually no Republican leadership is speaking out against the guy despite the fact that he is a raging idiot blowhard who seems to be incompetent at best and a real danger to foreign relations at worst. Not to mention he seems to be pretty blasé in speaking his relatively moderate opinions on several social issues that the Republicans have been using as wedge issues for decades. 

It seems it's going to end in either disaster for the Republican party or 4 years of tumult and instability for the country. Can't wait to find out!

5 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

What I find funny is Trump's detractors can't understand his rise in popularity. He really is a hodgepodge / Frankenstein candidate. 

The liberals hate him and the conservative right wing establishment hates him. 

He rose in popularity on an America First type platform and took the mantle of defending the disinfranchised conservative voter.

-The last couple of years have been nothing but divide-and-conqure politics coming from this White House. Especially with the George Soros led Black Lives Matter. Now the new trend is "White Privilege." Give me a break.

-Conservatives over the last few years are constantly labeled with trendy SJW words to diminish their beliefs: bigot, homophobe, racist, misogynist etc. When conservatives are not those things, the words just stifle debate and shut down people.

-When Obama was first elected he went on an apology tour, Trump promotes America.

-Many Republican voters are sick of the Republican establishment and not sticking true to their words.

-The Trump campaign, I believe, is an extreme offshoot of the Tea Party, because that became co-opted by the Republican Establishment.

-The hype around "building a wall" comes from the fact voters have been promised a fix to the border since Reagan and nothing ever happens. 

-Liberals are outraged Trump would ban (temporarily) Muslim immigrants. While the American people can see what the military aged Muslim immigrants are doing in other countries. 

-Muslim radicals detest what Liberals are all about yet Liberals defend them all of the time - ridiculous. 

-Trump does not want a war with Russia - Hillary and the War Hawk Right does. 

-Trump claims when he gets in he will destroy ISIS quickly and not expand a war for years like Bush and Obama have done.

-Voters are sick of war and Trump sounds like he is not a War hawk. 

-His claim from the beginning is that he was self funding. Even though that seems to have changed unfortunately. 

All in all, he could act more mature and be more courteous. 

A 'lesser evil' is still evil. From a Libertarian perspective I don't think Donald Trump is the worst candidate of the two parties, however I would never support him in any way/shape/form. He's an ignorant pompous ass who can't be trusted, not even by his own party.

I went to one of his rallies (Costa Mesa), I'm conservative but he wasn't my number one guy. All the violence was from the protestors from the left. There's videos of them vandalizing Trump supporter's cars and bashing in police cars. They kept sending people over the police barrier into the Trump line to try to start stuff. That completely changed my perspective on him and his supporters. I almost want him to win just to spite the awful protestors. The peaceful ones were fine and no one gave them any trouble. 

2 hours ago, GradedOnACurve said:

^^^^ Stupid wonky feature won't let me type under the edited quote. Are you saying this was specific to the rally you went to or in general?

It's hard to find an unbiased view from the news on any other rallies so that was specific to the one I went to. I know I've read about Trump supporters occasionally fighting with people in the crowd but it seems to be more isolated and a problem with the person themselves. The protestors at the one I went to were moving in huge groups basically rioting, Trump supporters have never done anything of that scale as far as I've seen. It was just a totally different experience than what I was expecting at the rally.

10 minutes ago, aju2streets said:

It's hard to find an unbiased view from the news on any other rallies so that was specific to the one I went to. I know I've read about Trump supporters occasionally fighting with people in the crowd but it seems to be more isolated and a problem with the person themselves. The protestors at the one I went to were moving in huge groups basically rioting, Trump supporters have never done anything of that scale as far as I've seen. It was just a totally different experience than what I was expecting at the rally.

I understand maybe you're going on with what you saw at the rally you attended, but I would imagine if there was violence inside any of Trump's rallies it wouldn't be incited by a few who are far outnumbered by both supporters of Trump and security alone. A lot of videos have surfaced of people vocally disrupting a rally, only to be attacked by Trump supporters there. I'd imagine more protestors might be more aggressive outside a rally because it's easier to hold a larger (and more effective) protest outside than inside. Also, I find it hard that people would want to go in a rally and fight people who are egged on by a candidate who has said "I'd like to punch that guy in the face." No other candidate in either party has said that speaking at their rallies.

On 5/6/2016 at 10:38 PM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I know there are conservatives on here, who are you going to vote for?

Ok, I will take the bait.  As someone who considers himself a Independent Conservative, and is a registered Democrat, here are my thoughts with six months to go.  I did not vote in my state Primary that was won by Trump and Sanders despite the warnings from the Dem elites that backed Clinton.  No candidate has what I want but I can only work with what is offered. 

Hillary is simply not an option. Have fun defending the Iraq war vote that Dem's have been running against for the last 12 years.  Plus anyone who has been around since Watergate, and been on both sides of every issue over the last 40 years, simply has to go away.  Slogans like 'Make America Mexico Again" and "I vote with my vagina" are probably not going to be enough to cover all her problems, although the media will help the best they can.   She is a tragically flawed candidate who is the reincarnation of Richard III.  The meltdown will be epic. 

Now I cannot believe that I am going to write this but I am not opposed to Sanders or Trump.  For the simple reason they both will be watched by both sides of the aisle.  Corrupt Hillary will just ransack the place while the media will continue to sit on their hands and say "I see nothing."  I have a hard time believing the Sanders supporters will just fall in line with the elites of the Dem party that stacked the primary with super-delegates and continue to just flick the Sanders backers away like fleas.   His support is simply awesome to see, although a little misguided in their goals. 

For Trump the simple issue of illegal immigration is enough for me to consider him.  Now Trump is not a Republican and Sanders is not a Democrat so both party elites are not sleeping well right now.  This is political chaos that I enjoy watching.  So right now I am considering Sanders, as a write in, or Trump.  I will never vote for a straight-up Democrat again (in any election) because of the obamacare disaster.     

Here are my predictions and I only have to be as accurate, and diverse, as Nate Silver's 538 who is 0 for 2016. 

Whoever wins this election will win with less than 50% of the popular vote and be hated from the start. 
There will be a strong write-in wave for Sanders and a conservative alternative taking up to 10% of vote. 
If that happens, the House will elect the president because no one will get to 270. Just imagine. 
Whoever wins will only last one term and not even survive the 2020 primary. 
This is the last 'legacy" election for both parties, neither have a bench of candidates, and no one over the age of 70 will ever be elected president again.

Grab the popcorn and enjoy the show. 

10 hours ago, GradedOnACurve said:

but I would imagine

I'd imagine

also I find it hard that people would want to go in a rally and fight people 

dude you are living in imagination land. go out to a rally for a real experience and you won't have to hypothesize based on personal bias or rely on what a propaganda machine is feeding you.

33 minutes ago, mac1 said:

Ok, I will take the bait.  As someone who considers himself a Independent Conservative, and is a registered Democrat, here are my thoughts with six months to go.  I did not vote in my state Primary that was won by Drumpf and Sanders despite the warnings from the Dem elites that backed Clinton.  No candidate has what I want but I can only work with what is offered. 

Hillary is simply not an option. Have fun defending the Iraq war vote that Dem's have been running against for the last 12 years.  Plus anyone who has been around since Watergate, and been on both sides of every issue over the last 40 years, simply has to go away.  Slogans like 'Make America Mexico Again" and "I vote with my vagina" are probably not going to be enough to cover all her problems, although the media will help the best they can.   She is a tragically flawed candidate who is the reincarnation of Richard III.  The meltdown will be epic. 

Now I cannot believe that I am going to write this but I am not opposed to Sanders or Drumpf.  For the simple reason they both will be watched by both sides of the aisle.  Corrupt Hillary will just ransack the place while the media will continue to sit on their hands and say "I see nothing."  I have a hard time believing the Sanders supporters will just fall in line with the elites of the Dem party that stacked the primary with super-delegates and continue to just flick the Sanders backers away like fleas.   His support is simply awesome to see, although a little misguided in their goals. 

For Drumpf the simple issue of illegal immigration is enough for me to consider him.  Now Drumpf is not a Republican and Sanders is not a Democrat so both party elites are not sleeping well right now.  This is political chaos that I enjoy watching.  So right now I am considering Sanders, as a write in, or Drumpf.  I will never vote for a straight-up Democrat again (in any election) because of the obamacare disaster.     

Here are my predictions and I only have to be as accurate, and diverse, as Nate Silver's 538 who is 0 for 2016. 

Whoever wins this election will win with less than 50% of the popular vote and be hated from the start. 
There will be a strong write-in wave for Sanders and a conservative alternative taking up to 10% of vote. 
If that happens, the House will elect the president because no one will get to 270. Just imagine. 
Whoever wins will only last one term and not even survive the 2020 primary. 
This is the last 'legacy" election for both parties, neither have a bench of candidates, and no one over the age of 70 will ever be elected president again.

Grab the popcorn and enjoy the show. 

This is a really well-seen approach to our situation for the election this year. I enjoyed reading your insight. Only qualm I have is that Obamacare is not a disaster. It's helped way too many people to be considered as such. It's not perfect, but give another ACA supporting president a swing at it to work out the bugs and close loopholes before claiming "it's hurting the American people!!!" (it's not) or "this is the worst disaster to happen in American history!!!" (it's not).

1 hour ago, WAXXX said:

dude you are living in imagination land. go out to a rally for a real experience and you won't have to hypothesize based on personal bias or rely on what a propaganda machine is feeding you.

I didn't say it wasn't happening, I said I would find it hard to imagine. I know there are protestors who incite things on both sides, but all the videos I've been seeing are people who are not directly provoked going up to protestors who are being removed by police/security and getting attacked. I'm not saying there aren't protestors coming in looking for something, but think about how the crowd gets riled up by anti-Mexican/Latino and anti-Muslim rhetoric. Then take for example Bernie who has incendiary rhetoric against Wall Street. The people Trump single out have a distinct look, whereas Wall Street people don't necessarily.