PO NOW: American Football - American Football (LP2) (Oct 21 2016; Polyvinyl)

19 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Not digging the second song, if anyone (in the US) wants my early bird gold, let me know, obviously for cost + shipping only.

If you still have it after I move at the end of the month, I'll probably grab it off you but don't hold it for me or anything if you get other interest

19 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Not even gonna wait till the full album drops? 

I think I got caught up in the hype to be honest, I enjoy the first album and the first single was cool, really not liking the second song. Figured the album will be more of the same so thought someone who missed out on the gold would enjoy it more than me. Also there are a few album I could use that money towards that I know I'd enjoy more.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

3 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I think I got caught up in the hype to be honest, I enjoy the first album and the first single was cool, really not liking the second song. Figured the album will be more of the same so thought someone who missed out on the gold would enjoy it more than me. Also there are a few album I could use that money towards that I know I'd enjoy more.

Man, I think it'd be best to wait on it, and see what the full album does for ya. Hearing it as it was intended to. It'll be a shame if you end up loving it and having remorse from, like Derek said, repeated singles. It could bloom  well, and maybe that single will flow great with the rest (ie context). But yeah, to each their own. I just feel like I should tell you to hold off cause you're my buddy. Like how new RC was a 6 for me and after a week it turned into a 9. Ya never know. 

Man, I think it'd be best to wait on it, and see what the full album does for ya. Hearing it as it was intended to. It'll be a shame if you end up loving it and having remorse from, like Derek said, repeated singles. It could bloom  well, and maybe that single will flow great with the rest (ie context). But yeah, to each their own. I just feel like I should tell you to hold off cause you're my buddy. Like how new RC was a 6 for me and after a week it turned into a 9. Ya never know. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Makes sense and didnt look at it that way...if napalm doesn't want it, then I'll wait to give it a proper spin before trying to sell it. High five

9 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Makes sense and didnt look at it that way...if napalm doesn't want it, then I'll wait to give it a proper spin before trying to sell it. High five

Edit: though I could always just grab a retail later on, kinda would like to help out someone who REALLY wanted the gold before/if they pay the flippers 

Edited by KingTacoMunster

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Polyvinyl had a picture up on their IG yesterday, but it looks like they took it down. It looked more orange than gold, but it could have been the light. Either way, only 2 more weeks! I'm stoked.

Their standard version is "180-Gram Orange" perhaps it was that one?

32 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Their standard version is "180-Gram Orange" perhaps it was that one?

That is probably it then. I looked at it right before I fell asleep. 

Edit: It's still up as one of those Instagram snaps. I thought I was going crazy for a second. 

Edited by Thomas³

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I think the actual gold ones will. That other photo was of the orange retail version.

I had to re-read the thread but figured that out right as you replied haha.

I've only had one day off this week. It's hard for me to process obvious data at the moment.

1 minute ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I had to re-read the thread but figured that out right as you replied haha.

I've only had one day off this week. It's hard for me to process obvious data at the moment.

Haha, after my initial reply I thought you might just be flipping me some shit about wanting it to be a trans-orangey "gold" a while back