PO: THE USED - 'Self Titled' and "In Love and Death' (new colors variants)

tug

3 hours ago, kjkenney said:

such a cool post from a cool guy. The I'm lazy and not going to bother quotes are my favorite amongst several paragraphs of writing. Who cares.

Aww, thanks bud.  You're going to make me blush over here.  Thrilled to be a role model for you.

Are parargraphs of text and basic addition intimidating for you?  Because they feel like a breeze to me.  I said I wasn't going to bother with the specifics of the prices; I deliberately skipped out on researching Discogs for what OG copies sell for, which variants of additional records sell for what, etc.  I don't see how that's ironic?

Extremely basic math got me to $600.  Enough to make my own head spin, but I figured that was a low figure in all actuality.  And it was.  Dude confirmed he's probably closer to 4 digits.

This post was created on my phone so it ran a little longer than it would otherwise.  After skimming for typos I think we're at about the 3 minute mark.  Just in case that's important to you.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Aww, thanks bud.  You're going to make me blush over here.  Thrilled to be a role model for you.

Are parargraphs of text and basic addition intimidating for you?  Because they feel like a breeze to me.  I said I wasn't going to bother with the specifics of the prices; I deliberately skipped out on researching Discogs for what OG copies sell for, which variants of additional records sell for what, etc.  I don't see how that's ironic?

Extremely basic math got me to $600.  Enough to make my own head spin, but I figured that was a low figure in all actuality.  And it was.  Dude confirmed he's probably closer to 4 digits.

This post was created on my phone so it ran a little longer than it would otherwise.  After skimming for typos I think we're at about the 3 minute mark.  Just in case that's important to you.

this is what i have for the used vinyl so far in order of release date...

2004 - In Love And Death [picture disc]
2007 - Lies For The Liars [pink]
2009 - Blood On My Hands [pic disc]
2009 - In Love And Death [black /reprise]
2009 - The Used [black /reprise]
2009 - Artwork [black]
2012 - Vulnerable [black]
2012 - Vulnerable [red]
2012 - Vulnerable [blue]
2013 - The Ocean Of The Sky [black]
2014 - Imaginary Enemy [black]
2014 - Imaginary Enemy [red]
2014 - Imaginary Enemy  [black red smash]
2014 - Imaginary Enemy   [red w/ black splatter]
2015 - Shallow Believer [blue]
2016 - Unplugged At The Palace  [black]
2016 - Unplugged At The Palace [black cream smash]
2016 - The Used [black /hopeless]
2016 - The Used [cream w/ maroon splatter]
2016 - The Used [maroon w/ cream splatter]
2016 - The Used [maroon cream smash]
2016 - In Love And Death [black/hopeless]
2016 - In Love And Death [red white black tri]
2016 - In Love And Death [red black white swirl]
2016 - In Love And Death [white w/ red splatter]
2017 - The Used [red black smash]
2017 - The Used [milk clear w/ red black splatter]
2017 - In Love And Death [purple in black]
2017 - In Love And Death [half clear/black half]

and for 7 inchers its

-taste of ink [black]

-take it away [black]

-bird and worm [pic disc]

-handsome awkward [pic disc]

it grows fast with the color trend popularity these days...and it will prob grow more with the repress of LFTL in may.

Edited by tug

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Can you ballpark what you spent on each?  You should keep them in a basic Google spreadsheet if you don't already.  A quick SUM formula will do all the intense math for you and log your ongoing total.  Could be fun and slightly depressing.

i think its safe to say $20-$25 a piece on average.

19 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I don't use the word ironic or intimidated in my post. And no, I couldn't care less about how much time you spend on your long winded posts. Way to time yourself though. 

52 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

I don't use the word ironic or intimidated in my post. And no, I couldn't care less about how much time you spend on your long winded posts. Way to time yourself though. 

There was an implication in your post that a handful of short paragraphs somehow equates to caring a significant amount.  Even though I mentioned specifically that I didn't care to dive deeply into prices, your "favorite part" was allegedly how much I seemed "to care".  That is irony.  The intimidation comes from the assumption that your eyes trace over a post of 3-4 paragraphs and instantly assume it's going overboard.  "Whoa, this guy spent the time to voice four different lines of thought?  What a tryhard.  Way to write a book, guy! lol"  I guess I don't feel like they're long winded when they just take a moment or two to write out, but alright.  I'm not going to stop you from marveling at those massive, cascading walls of texts.

And in case it needed to be spelled out, I don't actually sit down with a stopwatch and time my posts – nor have I ever.  If you find 4 paragraphs of text "long winded" and fail to grasp the idea behind ballparking the passage of time on a minute-by-minute basis, I'm really curious to know how you function in the real world without adult supervision.

Classic The Used thread.

20 hours ago, tug said:

this is what i have for the used vinyl so far in order of release date...

2004 - In Love And Death [picture disc]
2007 - Lies For The Liars [pink]
2009 - Blood On My Hands [pic disc]
2009 - In Love And Death [black /reprise]
2009 - The Used [black /reprise]
2009 - Artwork [black]
2012 - Vulnerable [black]
2012 - Vulnerable [red]
2012 - Vulnerable [blue]
2013 - The Ocean Of The Sky [black]
2014 - Imaginary Enemy [black]
2014 - Imaginary Enemy [red]
2014 - Imaginary Enemy  [black red smash]
2014 - Imaginary Enemy   [red w/ black splatter]
2015 - Shallow Believer [blue]
2016 - Unplugged At The Palace  [black]
2016 - Unplugged At The Palace [black cream smash]
2016 - The Used [black /hopeless]
2016 - The Used [cream w/ maroon splatter]
2016 - The Used [maroon w/ cream splatter]
2016 - The Used [maroon cream smash]
2016 - In Love And Death [black/hopeless]
2016 - In Love And Death [red white black tri]
2016 - In Love And Death [red black white swirl]
2016 - In Love And Death [white w/ red splatter]
2017 - The Used [red black smash]
2017 - The Used [milk clear w/ red black splatter]
2017 - In Love And Death [purple in black]
2017 - In Love And Death [half clear/black half]

and for 7 inchers its

-taste of ink [black]

-take it away [black]

-bird and worm [pic disc]

-handsome awkward [pic disc]

it grows fast with the color trend popularity these days...and it will prob grow more with the repress of LFTL in may.

Where the hell are the pressing numbers you god damn slacker?!

21 hours ago, Derek™ said:

There was an implication in your post that a handful of short paragraphs somehow equates to caring a significant amount.  Even though I mentioned specifically that I didn't care to dive deeply into prices, your "favorite part" was allegedly how much I seemed "to care".  That is irony.  The intimidation comes from the assumption that your eyes trace over a post of 3-4 paragraphs and instantly assume it's going overboard.  "Whoa, this guy spent the time to voice four different lines of thought?  What a tryhard.  Way to write a book, guy! lol"  I guess I don't feel like they're long winded when they just take a moment or two to write out, but alright.  I'm not going to stop you from marveling at those massive, cascading walls of texts.

And in case it needed to be spelled out, I don't actually sit down with a stopwatch and time my posts – nor have I ever.  If you find 4 paragraphs of text "long winded" and fail to grasp the idea behind ballparking the passage of time on a minute-by-minute basis, I'm really curious to know how you function in the real world without adult supervision.

Classic The Used thread.

You got spirit, kid, but you're a little sensitive. 

1 hour ago, kjkenney said:

You got spirit, kid, but you're a little sensitive. 

Yeah, Derek reeeeeeeaaaaally hates the Used, just look at the last thread for the represses. Almost to the point where it's like, "Did Quinn turn you down for an autograph or something". I hate a ton of bands but don't get my ass chapped talking shit about them. Besides the Volta. Fuck the Volta. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

Just now, throughbeingcruel said:

Yeah, Derek reeeeeeeaaaaally hates the Used, just look at the last thread for the represses. Almost to the point where it's like, "Did Quinn turn you down for an autograph or something". I hate a ton of bands but don't get my ass chapped talking shit about them. Besides the Volts. Fuck the Volta. 

Haha not a fan either, really. Volta tenfold though; used to love them then paid $45 in 07 to see them play for 35 minutes with no opening band. Thus started the realization of their weaselly ways. So uninspired anymore, can't stand it.

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yeah, Derek reeeeeeeaaaaally hates the Used, just look at the last thread for the represses. Almost to the point where it's like, "Did Quinn turn you down for an autograph or something". I hate a ton of bands but don't get my ass chapped talking shit about them. Besides the Volta. Fuck the Volta. 

I do not understand why you still interpret my harassment of trolls as me being "ass chapped".  The Used are a terrible band, sure, but these threads wouldn't garner half the amount of the posts I give them if there wasn't a perseverant troll that defended them and bumped the topic(s) regularly.  I'd probably do the same thing if the boards had our own tmvg who'd incessantly create new threads every time new Mars Volta bootleg popped up, and then continued to update it with remaining quantities despite no one caring.  Can I just chalk it up to contextual reading comprehension (or lack thereof) and call it a day?

1 hour ago, kjkenney said:

Thus started the realization of their weaselly ways.

Don't forget the constant shit-talking of vinyl pressings that aren't done by themselves – since they allegedly want to handle them "the right way" – but are still too lazy to do so.  A lot of their older records have a demand and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them sold by the band in 2024 at $70 a piece.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I do not understand why you still interpret my harassment of trolls as me being "ass chapped".  The Used are a terrible band, sure, but these threads wouldn't garner half the amount of the posts I give them if there wasn't a perseverant troll that defended them and bumped the topic(s) regularly.  I'd probably do the same thing if the boards had our own tmvg who'd incessantly create new threads every time new Mars Volta bootleg popped up, and then continued to update it with remaining quantities despite no one caring.  Can I just chalk it up to contextual reading comprehension (or lack thereof) and call it a day?

Don't forget the constant shit-talking of vinyl pressings that aren't done by themselves – since they allegedly want to handle them "the right way" – but are still too lazy to do so.  A lot of their older records have a demand and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them sold by the band in 2024 at $70 a piece.

It's just that you like to throw fuel on the fire anytime a Used thread gets bumped. Seriously. I don't give a shit either way, I was just agreeing with homie that you're sensitive, cuz you obviously are haha

9 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

It's just that you like to throw fuel on the fire anytime a Used thread gets bumped. Seriously. I don't give a shit either way, I was just agreeing with homie that you're sensitive, cuz you obviously are haha

Please don't misinterpret my amusement with morning shit-posting as being sensitive – a lot of us on VC during weekday mornings are here to kill time, boredom, or likely both.  And if you hadn't noticed, the last Used thread or two that I've "fueled" have turned into raging tire fires that were locked sooner than later.  There could very well be a method to the madness, no?

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Please don't misinterpret my amusement with morning shit-posting as being sensitive – a lot of us on VC during weekday mornings are here to kill time, boredom, or likely both.  And if you hadn't noticed, the last Used thread or two that I've "fueled" have turned into raging tire fires that were locked sooner than later.  There could very well be a method to the madness, no?

no

Let's not pretend fighting on the internet isn't fun now. Let's also use our middle school grasp of the English language to misinterpret words and sentences worse than hieroglyphics. Excuse me it's my 39th birthday I shouldn't be around you butthurt bitches anyways. Time to shotgun some beers by myself in my room and listen to poppunk! \m/