ExtraFox

Jawbreaker reunion

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, nickj said:

Excited that this is real and not just the band named "Jawbreaker Reunion"

They used to be local to me and I would still double take every time I saw their name on a flyer.

Also, my phone spazzed out when I tried to quote this post and I may have accidentally flagged it. Apologies all around.

the "official@ statement is that it's a one-off show.  I'm pretty sure they'll announce headlining spots on other Riotfest stops (still doing Denver? Toronto?) but I'd bet Riotfest shelled out enough to make this happen that they have exclusivity.

47 minutes ago, Korgull Of Morgoth said:

You know the current musical scene is in a very sorry state of affairs when the first 3 lines of bands at ALL international festivals are comprised of reunions or acts that released their best stuff 25 years ago..

Chance the rapper

4 hours ago, controlthebleeding said:

i wanna go to this so bad, but i also don't want to see them from a city block away either.  hopefully they play riot fest denver. then i'll go for sure. 

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm almost positive there is no Denver Riot Fest this year

6 hours ago, Brock N Roll said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm almost positive there is no Denver Riot Fest this year

probably not.. i haven't heard a peep about it. 

all i can say at least i saw them 5 times so a reunion isn't a huge deal for me. ok it is, but not in that setting.

Posted (edited)

I don't want to go to Riot fest but at the same time I have always said to myself I would travel for a jawbreaker reunion.

I do imagine they will play more gigs, but I really want to catch this.

I am also hoping their set conflicts with someone like Prophets of Rage or Paramore. I feel regardless of this reunion taking 21  years, Jawbreaker still will not be the big draw the replacements & Misfits were. 

Edited by cephcarn4

15 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

As soon as Fest stated that they couldn't getting Jawbreaker, I purchased my ticket for Riot Fest.

Oh damn did they say that?

I know it's pretty absurd to think this but after seeing the news that they're playing riot fest I immediately thought what if Fest comes out at 4:00pm today with the announcement and drops that Jawbreaker is playing. One can dream I guess haha.

Snaggle Von Swift likes this

On 4/21/2017 at 1:05 PM, nancy_raygun said:

I was so excited when this was announced and now I'm just trying to convince myself it won't be as cool as it seems.  Hopefully they follow it up with a tour.

It sounds like Riot Fest gets some sort of exclusivity period when they get these bands to reunite. I'm actually kind of shocked that the Misfits haven't had a full, proper tour yet.