MLB Discussion

Joey Bats earned that damn bat flip. Anybody who gives him shit just needs to shut their damn mouth. I have already seen too many people criticizing him for it. You need to take that entire moment in and realize how big it was. Hitting the second biggest (I could argue biggest) home run in Jays history....yeah Bautista can do the damn thing.

Also if they dont want him doing it then how about not having three errors and striking him out.....

Joey Bats earned that damn bat flip. Anybody who gives him shit just needs to shut their damn mouth. I have already seen too many people criticizing him for it. You need to take that entire moment in and realize how big it was. Hitting the second biggest (I could argue biggest) home run in Jays history....yeah Bautista can do the damn thing.

Also if they dont want him doing it then how about not having three errors and striking him out.....

thank you.

I think the bat flip should mirror the importance of the moment. Bats response fit the magnitude of the moment and I'm fine with it.

If that was his 22nd home run in a Wednesday game in July it would be a little much, in my opinion.

I think my issue is had Mitch Moreland hit a 3 run homerun to take the lead in the 7th and done a big bat flip and pose - Bautista would have been the first hot head to punch him in the mouth as he rounded first base. But that's just my opinion of that team in general.

Yup.  While I can understand and empathize with the devastating feeling that came from getting a 3-run bomb blasted on them.  They did it to themselves, beat themselves with those boneheaded errors.  Take your medicine and shut up, you got beat.  That's the way it goes.  Whining about bat flipping is childish... when i think "childish" was what the pitcher used to describe Bautista's actions.  If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, idk what is.  Disclaimer:  i'm not a fan of either team.  :)

I think my issue is had Mitch Moreland hit a 3 run homerun to take the lead in the 7th and done a big bat flip and pose - Bautista would have been the first hot head to punch him in the mouth as he rounded first base. But that's just my opinion of that team in general.

I don't know anything about Bautista really. I would be equally fine with Moreland giving the old flip & strut combo and Toronto being mad about it though. 

mets fans were probably shitting themselves during that utley at bat.

but man, national league ball is the worst. huge double in the 9th... wasted because "lol, let's just get the pitcher who hasn't taken BP in 6 years"

mets fans were probably shitting themselves during that utley at bat.

but man, national league ball is the worst. huge double in the 9th... wasted because "lol, let's just get the pitcher who hasn't taken BP in 6 years"

I'm not sure what they were thinking there.  You gotta go for the insurance run.