PO: Modest Mouse - Good news for people who love bad news GREEN #d /1000

Where the hell is the Lonesome Crowded West re-press?

Dont think that I havent tried and supposedly it is coming although I was told that well over a year ago.  Thanks for the reminder, I will re-reach out to the label who controls the masters now

Dont think that I havent tried and supposedly it is coming although I was told that well over a year ago.  Thanks for the reminder, I will re-reach out to the label who controls the masters now

Just spoke with the guy I know at glacial pace and Its supposedly happening sometime this year

Just spoke with the guy I know at glacial pace and Its supposedly happening sometime this year

Yeah, they have been saying that for years. I'll believe it when I see it.

Is anyone else sick of seeing these newbury represses?

I feel like they are riding the "pretty colors" train...

Pretty sure the Pearl Jam "pretty colors" version selling out in 15 minutes (and now going for $250+ on eBay) didn't exactly give Newbury the incentive to cease this practice........

And for PJ why not Yield or No Code?

There is no way in hell Sony is gonna give Newbury the exclusive rights to sell two incredibly OOP Pearl Jam albums. 

As has been discussed over (and over) (and OVER) on this board, Newbury probably pays the labels a fee to get an exclusive variant of an existing record. Then they sell it at an inflated cost due to its limited nature. The labels win because they get paid up front... Newbury wins by selling 1000 more copies of a record that's been out for years. 

If Newbury were losing their ass on every single release, you can bet they'd stop really quickly. But when something like the Pearl Jam 15-minute-sellout comes along, that's basically the brick-and-mortar equivalent of printing money.