Online sales of RSD releases

Ah..ok yeah due diligence is always good. 

Tangent: Did you catch Failure during their recent tour? Thinking about going to see them but have not decided yet. 

I was unable to go to the first reunion show in LA and I'm bummed I missed it.

I saw them open for Tool on that recent tour. They played 8-9 songs.

I got tickets to both of their upcoming Bay Area shows so I can't wait to see those since they're headlining and there's no openers.

I was unable to go to the first reunion show in LA and I'm bummed I missed it.

I saw them open for Tool on that recent tour. They played 8-9 songs.

I got tickets to both of their upcoming Bay Area shows so I can't wait to see those since they're headlining and there's no openers.

Cool. That's actually the show I am thinking about hitting :)

Speaking of "first" releases from RSD, here are my grand predictions for the next six months or so:

Space Project: deluxe 12” vinyl with 7” for the extra songs that came in the box set on RSD. Will come in at a little less than $30. 

Childish Gambino: standard 2 LP with gatefold. Will come in at a little less than $30.  

Songs: Ohia: There was a 12” listed on the RSD list. I want to think that was an accidental leak, and not a typo. Someone said that this title had a “weird” distribution. I want to think it’s because of the confusion over which format to release ‘first’ on RSD. I am going to say that whatever gets released second will only be available through Molina’s webstore and a few other outles. 

Nirvana: some 7” single collection box. I can’t believe the record labels aren’t milking the 20th anniversary of Cobain’s death more than they are now. I am not going to rule out some RSD Black Friday release is in the cards for a last 20th Anniversary hurrah. 

311: Just regular ol’ reissues. No numbering.

MGMT: ditto.  

LCD Soundsystem: 8 track. I really have no idea. I hope it’s just something that costs less than $100 and fits on a turntable.

What are YOUR ideas? Let's hear them. I love vinyl gossip!

Songs: Ohia: There was a 12” listed on the RSD list. I want to think that was an accidental leak, and not a typo. Someone said that this title had a “weird” distribution. I want to think it’s because of the confusion over which format to release ‘first’ on RSD. I am going to say that whatever gets released second will only be available through Molina’s webstore and a few other outles. 

I'm hoping The Golden Ratio and the handful of 10 or so minute long songs see a vinyl release. Also want a Molina and Johnson repress to fill out my Molina LP collection. Also Sojourn. So much great music from an underappreciated artist.

I saw a post in an Amazon review that even through the RSD run of Ghostbusters was 2000-something, people were getting records with 5000-something numbering on them. But that's some random Amazon person's word, so take it for what it's worth.

http://www.amazon.ca/Ghostbusters-Vinyl-Ray-Parker-Jr/dp/B000X8LLN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399141033&sr=8-1&keywords=ghostbusters+vinyl

The facts...
If you go to the official Record Store Day website you can find a PDF of all the releases... The Ghostbusters vinyl is listed on Page 10. It's also listed under the list of "EXCLUSIVE ON RECORD STORE DAY BUT WILL BE RELEASED TO OTHER RETAILERS IN THE FUTURE."
It also says that only 2,000 copies are currently available on RSD however many many buyers received numbers in the 5,000's. It seems they have manufactured the full run and distributed random numbers from the production run on RSD.
The belief is that this will be released en masse to retailers later in the year and the final release number will be between 6,000-10,000.

This guy is saying they did one big batch of the records at the same time and just did a small shipment for RSD. That means the new stock is not a repress, it's just the rest of the original pressing.

Based on the above info, there was just one pressing and the #s shipped for RSD were perhaps somewhat random.  I've seen some on eBay that were in the 5000s.  So, if they really only shipped 2,000 for RSD, I would guess some lower numbers may show up later (not that it really matters).  Just interesting considering the prices these have been commanding on the 'Bay.