PO: THE MARS VOLTA - AMPUTECHTURE -RED/GOLD VINYL EDITION- by Music On Vinyl

Wait, so what you're trying to tell me is that MOV is marking these up higher intentionally because they know demand is so high for these records??? Preposterous a business would never do such a thing like taking advantage of consumers to add to their profit margin!!!  Higher revenue is so not punk rock.

:P

There's a new one

I've come to the conclusion that buying and collecting vinyl is just an expensive hobby and that's the way it is. You're always going to be paying more in manufacturing and shipping prices through certain markets. At least they beat the prices people ask through disogs, eBay, amazing whatever.

I've come to the conclusion that buying and collecting vinyl is just an expensive hobby and that's the way it is. You're always going to be paying more in manufacturing and shipping prices through certain markets. At least they beat the prices people ask through disogs, eBay, amazing whatever.

mhm744.jpg

So far these are the only re-issues. Someone at MOV said the FTM is in the works for later this summer.

That's what I thought. I have a black copy of DL pre-ordered; wish I would have jumped earlier on that. I was about to wait on a black copy of Amput.. but I thought I'd go ahead and order.

Ordered. Are DL and this the only two re-issues? Will the others be coming as well? Did I miss a recent re-issue before DL?

I'm pretty sure they stealth repressed The Bedlam in Goliath. Of course anything after Amputechture can be repressed at any time, it was the first three that came out on a label that doesn't exist anymore. (speaking of the vinyl versions)

"You haven't really listened to it until you hear it on colored vinyl, dudebro!"

For my money, I look for sound quality and couldn't care less what color or style it's on.  Sure, cool looking records are cool.  But if it only LOOKS cool and doesn't sound cool, I don't want it.  eg... picture discs. 

I'm pretty sure they stealth repressed The Bedlam in Goliath. Of course anything after Amputechture can be repressed at any time, it was the first three that came out on a label that doesn't exist anymore. (speaking of the vinyl versions)

I want to say it was maybe a month ago that I saw an email from SRC saying Bedlam was back in stock.  I see this happen with SRC titles quite a bit and always chuckle when they make a point to stress the limit to a title's availability so "don't miss out and secure your copy".  But then a little ways down the road, they get another batch.