The Emo Thread

I actually want to do that know just so I can start a song with an audio clip of Rutger Hauer saying "All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." in Blade Runner. I don't know why that's the first thing I thought of, but goddamn, how has that not been done yet? HAS that been done yet?

Guest stl_ben.

I'll have to hang out in this thread, I haven't really kept up with emo bands since about 2009ish or whenever the s/t Algernon album came out. Need some new stuff.

Like this thread! I was too young when Emo was at its peak but I'm glad that it is coming back like it does. When genres make a comeback they often change a lot. Just think about anything that was labeled Emo between 2000-2006... The "new" Emo bands are really keeping it traditional at least partially and I think that's a good thing.

Sad thing is that this genre now attracts hipsters and other fashion centered groups that will annoy the fuck out of most of the "real" fans

http://itsachugknocklife.blogspot.com

This blog introduced me to so much good stuff.

Siqqest bloq for yung emo foolz. 4 Rill. 

But hey, part of the emo discussion, what's up with sports-themed band names? Ice Hockey, Modern Baseball, American Football, Football etc, you get where I'm going here.