Would music, as a whole, be better if bands only put out 3 albums?

Yeah this is pretentious and shit but I've been pondering this idea lately.

What would music be like if there was an unwritten rule that a band should call it quits after 3 albums. The basic concept is that for the most part a successful band's career progresses like this:

1st Album - Hey guys, we're so-and-so and we're still working on our sound. You can hear our influences clearly etc. etc.

2nd Album - BAM! Here's what we want to sound like. We've really nailed down what we want to be and it's tight and cohesive and this is us.

3rd Album - Hey guys we tinkered with some stuff. I know it's nothing like our first album but we're trying to change things up a bit.

4th-Forever - Just imagine fart noises until the end of time.

I struggle to think of an album that is after a band's 3rd that I even enjoy or would enjoy if it were made by another band. Thinking about it retroactively, here are some examples:

Alexisonfire - S/T, Watch Out!, Crisis - I honestly think this would be an improvement.

Mastodon - Call of the Mastodon, Remission, Leviathan - Definitely an improvement.

So the question becomes, would it be worth it to lose all of the good post-3rd albums ever made in exchange for losing all of the awful ones? I struggle with this question.

Finally, if this were a thing, think about how much more thought that would go into a band's 3rd album. If band's treated their 3rd album like their last. Or how many side-projects would pop up with musicians from dead bands getting together.

So to repeat, would music as a whole get better with this rule?

What-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg

One band that really stands out for me, that got better after their 3rd album, is The Bouncing Souls. Hopeless Romantic was their 4th full length which I thought was a lot better than the first 3. Then How I Spent My Summer Vacation was their 5th, which is even better. After that they kinda fell off for me though.

the only thing bands should do is stop putting filler tracks on their albums because I fucking hate 16 song cd's with like two good songs on it.

also, generally speaking, I bet most people hate the newer albums ( 3rd, 4th, 5th ) because the band is more popular and they preferred when they were the only ones listening.  (TAKE DAISY FOR EXAMPLE BY BRAND NEW SO MANY PEOPLE HATE IT but I have yet to meet a brand new fan who hates daisy AND yfw ).

and you are

Yeah this is pretentious and shit (music taste) but I've been pondering this idea lately.

Just ignore what you don't like. There are a lot of bands that I still love immensely even though some of their output isn't to my liking.