MAN ADVICE v2.0

Look at it i this way IF she isent interested but being nice/passive more calls texts wont help AT ALL. But if she IS interested too many calls too soon will scare her away/give her a bad vibe/you seem desperate.

yeah that's my fears.. my record has been the former of that statement, and I've just played it cool, getting frustrating though when girls give you their number and they aren't actually interested.

To give you an update on my situation, and anyone else who replied I guess:

I forgot that I had bought her a small gift when I was in the UK. Anyways, I texted her saying that I forgot that I had got her something and that I should probably give her it sometime. She responded with, "Oh John, you didn't have to get me anything! But if that's the case we should probably get together."

Anyways, we're hanging out sometime next week, because she is very busy with work.

indeed awesome news.. Here's hoping for ya!

So this is unreal, I had to give my little cousin a ride home from school today, and when I dropped him off he goes "Hey when are the twins out of the hospital?" (My mom has been pregnant with twins, due date is in a few weeks) I tell him I don't think they would be ready for a couple weeks, and then I leave. I get a text message 15 minutes later from my mom's boyfriend "Hey I'd like to introduce to someone, meet your baby brothers" and sends me pics of them. Apparently my mom went in for surgery 3 hours ago and I am the last person in the family to find out, and then only through text message. I'm kind of pissed off, because if there were some kind of complications or something, who knows. I'm kind of in shock that this happened. I just talked to her last night, and seriously what the fuck.

TL;DR I was the last to find out my mom gave birth 3 hours later through a text.

So this is unreal, I had to give my little cousin a ride home from school today, and when I dropped him off he goes "Hey when are the twins out of the hospital?" (My mom has been pregnant with twins, due date is in a few weeks) I tell him I don't think they would be ready for a couple weeks, and then I leave. I get a text message 15 minutes later from my mom's boyfriend "Hey I'd like to introduce to someone, meet your baby brothers" and sends me pics of them. Apparently my mom went in for surgery 3 hours ago and I am the last person in the family to find out, and then only through text message. I'm kind of pissed off, because if there were some kind of complications or something, who knows. I'm kind of in shock that this happened. I just talked to her last night, and seriously what the fuck.

TL;DR I was the last to find out my mom gave birth 3 hours later through a text.

Congrats to your mum!

Sounds like my family.  Unless someone died, my siblings and I get all our information through text messages.

This just reminded me that when my mom went to tell me she was pregnant with my brother, I immediately sat down and said "Who died?" before she could get any words out.

That's pretty messed up, however it seemed like this were pretty rushed so maybe they didn't really have time to contact you? Pregnancy complications can be pretty sudden from what I understand so maybe it was like a now or never situation. I'm sure if you sit down with your mom and/or her boyfriend everything can be explained as such. That is unless you mom has a tendency of treating you like this in which case, yeah that's still messed up. 

This just reminded me that when my mom went to tell me she was pregnant with my brother, I immediately sat down and said "Who died?" before she could get any words out.

If I get an unexpected phone call from my parents, that's my immediate thought.  I mainly call them, so any call from my parents seems to be attached to bad news.

It does suck but it could have been way worse. My cousin went to visit her mom and heard a baby crying and she didn't even know her mom was ever pregnant!

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't be upset. I just wanted to maybe make you feel better? In any case, congrats to your mom! Twins! So much baby crying in that house. Lol.

Got in contact with a girl on okc and we've been texting all week. She has incredible music taste and we've been giving each other recommendations, hers have been fantastic. She's out of town this weekend, so we're going to hangout next Sunday. Sounds like we're just going to listen to tapes and records (she's a vinyl nerd). Anyway, I'm pretty stoked and think it'll go well. It doesn't hurt that she's tattooed and cute and has a dog.

Thanks! Even if there isn't a romantic spark, I think she'll be cool to hangout with. Overall, it's been nice having someone new to get to know and chat music with this last week.

Dawww! I hope you have a blast and that you guys listen to vinyl long time and that the dog tangles you two together.

just went on my first date in NYC. cool girl, but it was late by the time we met up, and we were both pretty tired. so even when conversation was strong, it was still a bit stunted.

and here i am enjoying a 3rd (very) strong beer, and getting right back after the tinder game. 

Girl says last Tuesday that we should, "Get together sometime next week". We've talked a couple times since, but neither of us brought it up. Now that it's about to be Tuesday of "next week", how long do I wait to ask if she still wants to get together, if she doesn't ask me?

Girl says last Tuesday that we should, "Get together sometime next week". We've talked a couple times since, but neither of us brought it up. Now that it's about to be Tuesday of "next week", how long do I wait to ask if she still wants to get together, if she doesn't ask me?

You say "Hey what's up, wanna hang and smoke a doobie and listen to record?" at exactly 2am. 

You say "Hey what's up, wanna hang and smoke a doobie and listen to record?" at exactly 2am.

I think it'll be more along the lines of, "Hey so if you still wanna hangout we should get high then go see Boyhood at that indie theatre downtown".

But that probably won't happen.