PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt

I've only listened twice so far... Don't hate it but definitely don't love it.  It's a little bit all over the place.  There are just too many songs that don't leave an impression... they're decent songs, but nothing special.  And unfortunately the songs I remember are the ones that were bad.  I think it'll grow on me a little, but will probably still end up being my least favorite album of theirs.  Oh well.

If you don't want to be famous then get off a major label. It's not rocket science.

As for the music, it's ok. I think this would have been a better horrible crowes record. I like most of the softer parts and dislike the stuff with loud, sludgy guitars for the most part.

Not a ton of letting Alex loose to do his thing on the guitar, either.

I erased some of my earlier posts. wanted to give this album a chance. shit they deserve it in my eyes. its paying off. had five good listens today. its pretty fucking good. maybe not the traditional catchy sing along songs were used to but definately has that raw emotion to it. its a different kinda listen. if that makes any sense

I really enjoy the record and the bonus tracks. I'll give it a few more listens for it to really catch on, but I already really like it. There are some lackluster parts on it (guitar tones, vocals, not enough of Alex's leads), but the bad is very much outshined by the good in my opinion.

This is a fine modern rock album, it's not necessarily something I'd listen to regularly but it's not offensively bad or anything. My dad would really like it, I don't mean that as an insult. Hopefully this game plan works out for them and they break hard into the mainstream. A lot of these songs could easily be on movie trailers and whatnot.

If you're feeling bored by it just take a shot anytime Brian says "baby". That should make your night interesting.

From last night...

1. (Live debut)

3. (Live debut)

4. (Live debut)

5. (Live debut)

6. (Live debut)

7. (Live debut)

9. (Live debut)

10. (Live debut)

11. (Live debut)

12. (Live debut)

14. (Live debut)

gaslight-anthem-set-list-08-07-14.jpg

Rebecca-Reed-the-gaslight-anthem.jpg

Rebecca-Reed-the-gaslight-anthem-2.jpg

That's a lot of new tracks on that setlist... not a lot of old favorites.

I do love that House of the Rising Sun cover they do. Really great.

Also, I'm enjoying the new album more with each listen. It took several times listening through before it started to grow on me. That last track has been on repeat on my ipod though. Dark places is really great.

That's a lot of new tracks on that setlist... not a lot of old favorites.

I do love that House of the Rising Sun cover they do. Really great.

Also, I'm enjoying the new album more with each listen. It took several times listening through before it started to grow on me. That last track has been on repeat on my ipod though. Dark places is really great.

it was an album release show

i also think everyone has collectively fallen in love with dark places...i think it's one of their better tunes to date