PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt

I still can't really wrap my head around how big Gaslight is in some of the markets you guys live in. The first time I saw them was in a small venue with maybe 100 people. The second time I saw them was about 3 years ago with 200+ people, 2 years ago was 300+, last year the show sold out. Seeing them tomorrow night at the same venue as the last two shows, it hasn't sold out and I won free tickets tonight. Weirdest god damn following. Plus I don't think I've ever paid more than 25 bucks for a headlining show with them. Maybe the Albany NY market is still small for them but they've been playing up here every year for the past 3 years now. 

Saw them really early. Maybe 20 people at a small club in Detroit opening for the draft.

Remember seeing a REALLY early video where they were just jamming SoS songs in someone's garage with a couple people watching. That has to be one of the absolute first Gaslight Shows anyone could have seen.

I guess, unless they saw this Charming Man live?

$5 Basement show in New Brunswick back in June of '07. Gaslight Anthem, Fake Problems, Scream! Hello, and Look Mexico. One of my more memorable shows and there was probably 35 people there freaking out to all the Sink or Swim songs. I wish I was into vinyl then instead of buying CDs. Nevertheless I'm not paying an obscene amount of money to see them at PNC. Good for them for how far they come, but I'll pass.

Awesome set tonight by them! Pretty standard song list but they were much much better than last year. Brian even made a joke saying about how "amazing" they were when they played last year. He also said he has no idea why the vinyl is 40 bucks and that he's sorry and a new song will be released next week. 

First time was in front of 80-90 people and Annhilation Time was headlining. 8 bucks to get in. Back in 2008.

Now they will play a venue of 5500 people and the price is 32,50.

Seeing they haven't played here recently and the last record wasn't a commercial succes. I think it might take place at a different venue with a capacity of around 1500.

Awesome set tonight by them! Pretty standard song list but they were much much better than last year. Brian even made a joke saying about how "amazing" they were when they played last year. He also said he has no idea why the vinyl is 40 bucks and that he's sorry and a new song will be released next week.

I was at that show too. Enjoyed the setlist. Dragged my ass up there from NJ. I get your confusion with the rift in the following others describe, I think it was to do with Albany location. Jersey and even NYC shows are much more packed. A year or so ago they sold out terminal 5 on more than one night. I was at a basement show or two years back.

$5 Basement show in New Brunswick back in June of '07. Gaslight Anthem, Fake Problems, Scream! Hello, and Look Mexico. One of my more memorable shows and there was probably 35 people there freaking out to all the Sink or Swim songs. I wish I was into vinyl then instead of buying CDs. Nevertheless I'm not paying an obscene amount of money to see them at PNC. Good for them for how far they come, but I'll pass.

I was there!! one of the most memorable shows i've seen them. i remember that dared fake problems to play a new song and vice versa so each band played a new song. TGA debuted say i wont (recongnize) that they rehearsed only that afternoon.. but it was way different ...from what i remember. good times!

I was there!! one of the most memorable shows i've seen them. i remember that dared fake problems to play a new song and vice versa so each band played a new song. TGA debuted say i wont (recongnize) that they rehearsed only that afternoon.. but it was way different ...from what i remember. good times!

Whoa shit! Nice! Did you also sit on the floor with Look Mexico that day? Also Brian was worried about the PA getting knocked over for most of the set.

Title track has been released. I don't know where else it's available, but if you want to listen to it it's the top post on my Tumblr.

www.xahhx.tumblr.com

Sounds more like a Horrible Crowes track than a GLA track, and I don't enjoy it nearly as much as the other song that was posted.