PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt

the thing that worries me the most...

gaslight still killed it live when handwritten first came out...it seemed like in 2013 fallon was just going through the motions and sick of playing...there wasn't any emotion and they played everything slower...even their "style" changed...not the music (i loved handwritten) but the way they presented themselves and played 

i know we'll never go back to the sos/'59 gaslight days but i AT LEAST want this brian fallon back:

Stay Vicious is probably my least favorite of the three, which is a bad sign.  I like but don't love Get Hurt, and Rollin and Tumblin is decent, I'd say this new song is in the "decent" category too. Just really not living up to what I had hoped for... but I'm still optimistic.  Can't really judge until I hear the whole thing.

I enjoyed Rollin' and Tumblin' and it grows on me more with each listen.

The title track and the new one I'm not feeling at all.

(I have however been listening to the Molly and the Zombie tracks that have been released and enjoying them MUCH more than the new Gaslight stuff. I hope they record a few more and put out a proper release).

the thing that worries me the most...

gaslight still killed it live when handwritten first came out...it seemed like in 2013 fallon was just going through the motions and sick of playing...there wasn't any emotion and they played everything slower...even their "style" changed...not the music (i loved handwritten) but the way they presented themselves and played

i know we'll never go back to the sos/'59 gaslight days but i AT LEAST want this brian fallon back:

I remember seeing them in 2008 and Brian had a huge grin on his face the entire time and was just really stoked to be there. Haven't seen them since but I will this fall and if it's how you described I might be a little bummed.