PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt

^^^ Here's the funny thing about that (ignore the side bar to the left):

eTHiew.png

Hahahaha, must have taken a lot of thought to draw an upside down heart.

I remember seeing them in 2008 and Brian had a huge grin on his face the entire time and was just really stoked to be there. Haven't seen them since but I will this fall and if it's how you described I might be a little bummed.

I think it was fairly well discussed in the fan club thread that Brian was going through a divorce (to the bass players sister), boozing hard, and thinking about going solo.

Not sure we ever had a definitive source of information on the subject, but I think we can assume he's in a better place now (the band staying together is a good sign towards that).

People don't like it? TOTALLY didn't see that coming.

sarcasm aside, it finally happened. this was the first record that actually didn't sound like a gaslight record (even though they've been saying that for the previous two), at least compared to everything they've done. 

Still riding the fence on this album with most of me pulling towards "aw goddamnit really?" but i will say there are some solid tunes on here.

The first two singles i was into, Red Violins is pretty neat, and Have Mercy is pretty cool too. Sweet Morphine i like as well, but calm down with that vocal reverb business.