PO: The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt

woah woah woah.... where is there a 180gram and splatter version?!?!!

Splatter

http://us.infinitemerch.com/collections/the-gaslight-anthem/products/the-gaslight-anthem-get-hurt-red-and-white-splatter-vinyl-lp

180g (Although I have a feeling that this doesn't actually exist and all the black vinyl pressings are regular weight)

http://www.myplaydirect.com/the-gaslight-anthem/get-hurt-vinyl/details/29903654?feature-name=featured&feature=29857273

Three listens in. I guess I want this band to more or less be one of the best punk bands out there like they once were. There are enough generic rock bands in the world, I feel they abandoned what made them special but latched onto something that makes them appeal to a broader audience. I don't fault any artist for evolving, it's on me to cease buying it blindly. This album is by no means bad but it is certainly not captivating. Not many bands can be magical across 5+ albums.

I got my shipping confirmation from IM late last night. Should be going out this morning then. :)

I'm pretty sure they're just printing postage and getting everything else together if you ordered a bundle. I can't see them shipping out this morning if they were still waiting on the records from the label as of yesterday afternoon, but who knows.

Three listens in. I guess I want this band to more or less be one of the best punk bands out there like they once were. There are enough generic rock bands in the world, I feel they abandoned what made them special but latched onto something that makes them appeal to a broader audience. I don't fault any artist for evolving, it's on me to cease buying it blindly. This album is by no means bad but it is certainly not captivating. Not many bands can be magical across 5+ albums.

That's pretty much how I feel. After my initial listen, I took a step back and tried to go back into it with an open mind and not expect something along the lines of Sink or Swim/'59 Sound. Hell, some of Sink or Swim was written almost a decade ago. You can definitely see they're trying to break away from the generic chord progression from those albums; this one actually has some "riffs". It's a great album for what it is. Brian Fallon is just a phenomenal songwriter. "Dark Places" is quickly becoming one of my favorite songs they've ever written. It definitely has a '59 Sound vibe to it, albeit much darker in terms of lyrical content.

yea, it's a weird album...took a few days for it to sink in but I'm enjoying it a lot more than handwritten

I don't know that I like it more than Handwritten, which certainly took some time to grown on me... but with each listen I'm finding things I like more and more on each track. I started out not expecting to like this album much after the first couple leaked tracks, and have ended up with it on repeat since downloading it last week.

ha! well who didn't see that one coming? I was blown away they gave the 59 sound as high a score as they did when it came out. Must prove there's some magic in that record and I'm not crazy haha.

Also "and even if it wasn’t a metaphor mixed three wrong ways, 20 pounds [of curses] ]seems like a pretty manageable weight. "

made me laugh out loud at work. so thanks pitchfork, ya gave me that at least.