Jimmy Eat World Vinyl Reissues - Static Prevails, Clarity and Futures

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see how the sameness could change just by me being older.

When I was 15 I didn't like Clarity. When I was 20 I liked Clarity. You're not me, but Clarity, to me, is a much more mature sounding record than Bleed American, which is full of pop hits. And I know you could argue that for Futures, because it is definitely the darkest, but Clarity just didn't click with me until I was a little older.

When I was 15 I didn't like Clarity. When I was 20 I liked Clarity. You're not me, but Clarity, to me, is a much more mature sounding record than Bleed American, which is full of pop hits. And I know you could argue that for Futures, because it is definitely the darkest, but Clarity just didn't click with me until I was a little older.

I think I'll give it another listen later.

You're right about Bleed American, it's a pretty happy-sounding poppy record for the most part. Futures is still my favorite though. Clarity never gave me a 'mature' vibe, but like I said, I'll play it again tonight and make another assessment. Maybe it just seemed same-y because I'm not as familiar with it? It just felt like one hour-long song, and one that was kinda dull at that.