PO: Sun Kil Moon "Benji" (7/29)

yeah i guess we should believe theuncool/vinylfilms but they have an amazing ability to report numbers on things that just dont seem to exist.  like why wouldnt we be flooded with ridiculously high priced black copies of ATL, and where are those "Promo" Perils?  I just have to look to ebay to tell me whats really out there in the world.

my theory is they havent pressed the blue yet or just recently did, and the ones from Luna might actually be different

yeah i guess we should believe theuncool/vinylfilms but they have an amazing ability to report numbers on things that just dont seem to exist.  like why wouldnt we be flooded with ridiculously high priced black copies of ATL, and where are those "Promo" Perils?  I just have to look to ebay to tell me whats really out there in the world.

my theory is they havent pressed the blue yet or just recently did, and the ones from Luna might actually be different

if you look at the numbers for uncool...    Live at Union Chapel..

Release Date: May, 2011 Catalog #: VFR-2011-1 Number of Copies:

• 500 (Black)
  • 500 (Red/Green)
  • 400 (Clear – Tour Edition, silkscreened jacket)  (this is bullshit, I have one and it clearly says /200)

then for .. Desertshore - Drawing they have this..

• Number of Copies: 

• 500 (Orange)  (which is also complete shit cause they sold them 100.00 and said they were out of 20)
    • 500 (Purple)
  • if that was true, they would have at least 20 people writing desertshore bitching saying it /20 and they bought one for $100.00

So correct me if I'm wrong but even though blue benji is also supposedly /900, it's the only variant that was hard to buy and not widely distributed, yeah?

It's supposedly out of 900 and only 100 went through LUNA w/ an assumed 400~(?) being sold through Caldo Verde... so, where's the other 400 at? Being saved for the merch table to be snagged a year or two later? Who knows.

If you consider those 'promo' copies... there must be piles of these records just collecting dust somewhere.

if you look at the numbers for uncool...    Live at Union Chapel..

Release Date: May, 2011 Catalog #: VFR-2011-1 Number of Copies:

• 500 (Black)
  • 500 (Red/Green)
  • 400 (Clear – Tour Edition, silkscreened jacket)  (this is bullshit, I have one and it clearly says /200)

then for .. Desertshore - Drawing they have this..

• Number of Copies: 

• 500 (Orange)  (which is also complete shit cause they sold them 100.00 and said they were out of 20)
    • 500 (Purple)
  • if that was true, they would have at least 20 people writing desertshore bitching saying it /20 and they bought one for $100.00

It's possible they did 2 sets of 200, one for tour, one for the site. As for Desertshore, maybe they only had 20 copies to begin with or only 20 left after tour.

It's possible they did 2 sets of 200, one for tour, one for the site. As for Desertshore, maybe they only had 20 copies to begin with or only 20 left after tour.

sure it's possible.

but I mean.. 

desertshore sold those for 100 dollars a pop, saying only 20 made   

I mean I don't know many bands that would put remaining tour copies up for like 100.00

and then claim it's /20, I know I wouldn't have bought one if it was like only 20 remaining out 

of a 500 pressing.

or do a special /200 tour version.  and then press another 200..

I think it's probably way more probable that these numbers are just wrong.

I mean if you just look at the hard numbers on Discogs for Benji on Blue.

40 people have the blue.

118 people have the yellow.

almost three times as more.

unless of course the's holding out to release more..

also possible. 

Still haven't received my Amazon uk order.

I had a delivery window on like 6-7 august and then I got an email that they didn't know when I'll get one.

Probably won't get one as this is too limited for that.

Yeah same here. It's okay though cuz I got a yellow local and a blue from CV.

Was kinda hoping to get another yellow so I could help someone out or trade or whatever, but oh well.

I know this isn't "the place" to post this, but I really don't want to make a FT thread for a few CDs that will drop in a day...

I have extra copies of Live promo: Victoria and Mao/Shanghai

I NEED Malmo only! If anyone has an extra Malmo I'd be willing to trade both for it! They're sealed...

(sorry for posting)