PO: Sun Kil Moon "Benji" (7/29)

lol i'm from North Carolina and there are a lot of fucking hillbillies, but hillbilly or not i can't imagine a crowd of drunken raleigh kids at a music festival keeping the volume at an appropriate level for old man mark. i can't stand it when the audience talks through the quiet parts either but shit man you're at a music festival. if jeff "guys i need some emotional mid song support so i can finish this song without the ghost of anne frank casting silence on me" mangum can make a run on the festival circuit while keeping this stuff to a minimum you'd think mark could too. can't say i can fault him for it, when people from carolina see an acoustic guitar they immediately think "wagon wheel," who knows what kind of crowd he had. 

Yeah, if it had been at a seated theater, that's a little easier to control and keep quiet. However, the Lincoln is a bar with a stage area. A midnight set time after people have been drinking all day doesn't help. Lulz for the whole thing. He sounded good though, so there's that.

when people from carolina see an acoustic guitar they immediately think "wagon wheel,"

1) Untrue.

2) The Lincoln was a pretty poor choice for him to play at. This would have done better at The Fletcher Center or The Kennedy Center.The shows i caught there you could hear a pin drop.

3) The crowd honestly wasn't that bad. Sure, some people were talking, but his hillbilly comment and general diva status were in full force BEFORE he ever tried to play a song. Dude was just being a baby diaper. I wasn't personally offended because Kozelek has been known to be a dick oh so many other times, but his remarks were definitely off-putting. I'm surprised this has been blowing up as much as it has on news sites though. I figured everybody forgot by the next day haha. Guess not

1) Untrue.

2) The Lincoln was a pretty poor choice for him to play at. This would have done better at The Fletcher Center or The Kennedy Center.The shows i caught there you could hear a pin drop.

3) The crowd honestly wasn't that bad. Sure, some people were talking, but his hillbilly comment and general diva status were in full force BEFORE he ever tried to play a song. Dude was just being a baby diaper. I wasn't personally offended because Kozelek has been known to be a dick oh so many other times, but his remarks were definitely off-putting. I'm surprised this has been blowing up as much as it has on news sites though. I figured everybody forgot by the next day haha. Guess not

yeah like i said i'm from NC i don't mean it 100% seriously but people do go apeshit for that song there, i know hopscotch attracts a fairly seasoned crowd and had some good friends with great taste make it out this year. i think it's ultimately childish to throw a tantrum on stage anyway because the crowd, especially when its not people who came out purely for a SKM show, is pretty out of his control.