Video game OSTs

Wow you finally got it, and an official one at that, nice!

Yes lots of Google Translating and searching Japan Auctions has made me happy!

Holy shit, that Totoro - what a score! Was it was easy to obtain? I didn't even know it existed.

Not super easy, but not impossible either as long as you don't mind paying middle men to shop Japan for you.

Yes lots of Google Translating and searching Japan Auctions has made me happy!

Not super easy, but not impossible either as long as you don't mind paying middle men to shop Japan for you.

I am amazed at the amount of rare records in Japan. Lots of Beck original pressings and god do those guys know how to keep their records pristine.

I got the feeling most of you want OST's or soundtracks from older games but does anyone wants to see the soundtrack from Life is Strange on vinyl?

Great game with a soundtrack that couldn't be better. If I hear these songs on the radio or somewhere random I will immediately think about the game and the scene when that song is playing. I' don't think I ever got that feeling before with a game.

I would love this so much.

UJfwhQ0.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (JUNE 9th, 2015)

“MEGA MAN: BEST OF MEGA MAN 1-10” LP ANNOUNCED

June 9, 2015 – One of the most iconic franchises in the world of video games, Capcom’s MEGA MAN, gets ready to make its official vinyl debut care of SPACELAB9. Ever since 1987 when the “blue bomber” first appeared on the Nintendo Entertainment System, fans have been drawn to the high octane action and colorful cast of villains unleashed by the sinister Dr Wily – not to mention some of the most iconic and memorable musical moments in the history of console gaming. Featuring music from Capcom’s hit 8-bit franchise spanning from 1987 to 2010, the MEGA MAN: BEST OF MEGA MAN 1-10 Deluxe LP features 22 tracks hand-picked by the Capcom Sound Team themselves.

In a unique twist, SPACELAB9 has invited fans to decide, via social media poll, which of their favorite level bosses will get their own colored vinyl variant. The poll enables fans to vote for up to four of their favorite bosses including Cutman, Elecman, Metalman, Snakeman, Skullman, Crystalman, Blizzardman, Flameman, Cloudman, Galaxyman, Nitroman, Commandoman, and Strikeman. Fans can cast their votes on Tumblr at:http://spacelab9.tumblr.com/…/120825878403/function-var-opst or directly from SPACELAB9.com at http://www.spacelab9.com/poll/

Voting closes on Friday, June 12th at 12pm noon EST. Poll results and additional details about the MEGA MAN: BEST OF MEGA MAN 1-10 Deluxe LP album package will be announced the following week.

Track listing is as follows:

1. Stage Select [MM1]
2. Cut Man Stage [MM1]
3. Elec Man Stage [MM1]
4. Metal Man Stage [MM2]
5. Wood Man Stage [MM2]
6. Flash Man Stage [MM2]
7. Crash Man Stage [MM2]
8. Dr. Wily Stage 1 [MM2]
9. Skull Man Stage [MM4]
10. Bright Man Stage [MM4]
11. Dr. Wily Stage [MM5]
12. Stage Clear [MM5]
13. Flame Man Stage [MM6]
14. Wind Man Stage [MM6]
15. Theme of Bass [MM7]
16. Burst Man Stage [MM7]
17. Cloud Man Stage [MM7]
18. Tengu Man Stage [MM8]
19. Galaxy Man Stage [MM9]
20. Fireball Strike [MM10]
21. Nitro Rider [Nitro Man Stage] [MM10]
22. Game Over [MM9]

Pro-tip: I've recently discovered the joy that is Amazon.co.jp, and if you know the catalogue number of what you're looking for, most of it can be found pretty easily. Already binge-bought a bunch of Japan only CDs laserdiscs and tapes I've wanted for ages but couldn't get in the states. They also tend to not charge collector's prices since the stuff is common on their hometurf.

Pro-tip: I've recently discovered the joy that is Amazon.co.jp, and if you know the catalogue number of what you're looking for, most of it can be found pretty easily. Already binge-bought a bunch of Japan only CDs laserdiscs and tapes I've wanted for ages but couldn't get in the states. They also tend to not charge collector's prices since the stuff is common on their hometurf.

Were you able to read up on the condition easily? Even Amazon resellers in the States can be risky if you want un-scratched CDs and records that don't skip. There are some soundtracks I'm after so I might give them a shot!

Were you able to read up on the condition easily? Even Amazon resellers in the States can be risky if you want un-scratched CDs and records that don't skip. There are some soundtracks I'm after so I might give them a shot!

No...they list almost no info on condition (from my experience.)

There are treasures to be found, but it is not SUPER easy.

Also he may have got lucky...but most of the items I was after were going for "Collector's Prices" because people collect them there too.

I used the bing translate extension for iOS mobilesafari, and deciphering what they're saying can be tricky but it's doable. I know I've had some iffy experiences with 3rd party US Amazon sellers (unspecified damage, counterfeits) but for the most part everything has been as described on Amazon.co.JP - maybe even undergraded if anything. They really are meticulous about keeping things in good shape. Maybe only luck but it's been nothing but good experiences so far.

I did have one situation where a wrong tape was sent in the outer case for the tape I actually bought, by a high-volume ex-rental video seller. At first they offered to send me another copy of the tape, but when they realized they didn't have any in their stock, they just refunded me the purchase and I was able to buy one from another seller for the same price. The language barrier didn't impede communication at all and they were very willing to help. All in all not such a bad experience.

just tried doing this with some records ive been looking for forever, but they wouldnt let me ship them to america :(

just tried doing this with some records ive been looking for forever, but they wouldnt let me ship them to america :(

Not every seller will sadly and it doesn't really look like there's any indication of which ones will either, until you put it into your cart and try to check out, then remove it and try another… works best with items being sold by quite a few people :/

it could be their general policy or setting not to allow sales overseas but I suppose a thoroughly-written message couldn't hurt, you never know. Most people do want to make a sale. Just indicate you'd be more than happy to pay the shipping costs to get it to your country.

More on point - based on the 3 or 4 samples we've heard so far from Yooka-Laylee, how many of you would be interested in a soundtrack? It would most likely only be a 2 LP - meaning it wouldn't have everything included in game if it ends up being very expansive, but the soundtrack is set to be fully orchestrated, and as of this point in time there isn't a whole lot of (read: any) David Wise or Grant Kirkhope on wax.

More on point - based on the 3 or 4 samples we've heard so far from Yooka-Laylee, how many of you would be interested in a soundtrack? It would most likely only be a 2 LP - meaning it wouldn't have everything included in game if it ends up being very expansive, but the soundtrack is set to be fully orchestrated, and as of this point in time there isn't a whole lot of (read: any) David Wise or Grant Kirkhope on wax.

Banjo Kazooie on vinyl would be an instant buy from me.

Banjo Kazooie on vinyl would be an instant buy from me.

Yes to both of these. My life would basically be complete.