Video game OSTs

I've never heard of Turrican but that cover makes it look like a pretty dope game.

Turrican 1-3 was a very popular game series (1990-1993) on the Amiga and also known for it's great music. It was ported to several other platforms like the SNES (Super Turrican) and Mega Drive/Genesis in 1994 as Mega Turrican. The Vinyl however is very rare since it only appeared in a CD Kickstarter at the $250 level.

Kickstarter 4 CD Soundtrack from 2013:

Turrican_Soundtrack_Small.jpg

Original Turrican Soundtrack 1 CD from 1993:

Turrican_Soundtrack_Pic2.jpg

Turrican 1-3 was a very popular game series (1990-1993) on the Amiga and also known for it's great music. It was ported to several other platforms like the SNES (Super Turrican) and Mega Drive/Genesis in 1994 as Mega Turrican. The Vinyl however is very rare since it only appeared in a CD Kickstarter at the $250 level.

Kickstarter 4 CD Soundtrack from 2013:

Turrican_Soundtrack_Small.jpg

Original Turrican Soundtrack 1 CD from 1993:

Turrican_Soundtrack_Pic2.jpg

Looks like it wasn't the full ost on vinyl, just a single:

http://www.discogs.com/Chris-Huelsbeck-Turrican-Soundtrack-Anthology-The-Final-Fight-Main-Title-From-Turrican-2/release/5271869

What happened? I'm not getting the emails anymore for some reason.

Someone who tried to spite him by tattling on him to Koei-Tecmo about Ninja Gaiden on vinyl actually turned out to be instrumental in landing his first non-boot pressing...  They were so impressed with his mission statement and quality and care of previous releases that they offered the rights to him, completely unsolicited.  They basically tried to get him in trouble, but it backfired and they landed him the deal right in his lap.

It's an interesting story, kudos to him. He should have attempted licensing the music to begin with, it would have saved him the trouble of donating to charity/composers to prove his legitimacy, getting into rows with others, revealing undisclosed e-mails doesn't go down well either.

Hopefully the Ninja Gaiden cover uses something official and awesome (maybe not Spacelab's Mega Man), I can understand fan-art on bootleg unofficial releases but when it's the real deal it should look legit, perhaps use the official box art like the upcoming Streets of Rage release.

I take that back, sorry. So a company denied him a specific license yet he decided to go forward with it, that is extremely is risky, no?

The riskiness of it was certain. 

Regardless of everyone's own personal opinions on the matter, I think that this resulting licensing and how it came about speaks for itself.

Obviously he must have had such a professional showing for them to insist he take it over.

He also mentioned that the 'Moonshake' label name will be retired and that 'Unfortuanteface Records' will be his professionally licensed label going forward.

The man took a risk and it appears to have paid off.  

I'd speculate that part of the reason for the name change from Moonshake to Unfortunateface has something to do with the fact that there is already a label in Spain called 'Moonshake Records' that isn't affiliated with him (at least I'm pretty sure it's not). If he's going forward as a totally legit operation then I imagine he would need a unique registered name to trademark his brand.

Finally got my Castlevania and NES records in the mail yesterday after the post office ate my initial shipment. No variants but still really nice!