Video game OSTs

Does anyone else listen to The Indoor Kids with Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley, The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail, Franklin & Bash) and his wife, Emily V.Gordon? It's a pretty great/hilarious video game podcast. The guest on their most recent episode talks a little about obscure 8-bit/16-bit video game music. You can check it out here: http://nerdist.com/the-indoor-kids-200-8-bit-hero-with-brent-weinbach/

Love the Indoor Kids. I used to listen to Brent's podcast, the Legacy Music hour. It had great video game music but it was very dry and boring.

Most underrated game i've ever played. The soundtrack was cool, too.

Alan Wake is one of my favorite games ever. Would love for that to be pressed.

It's so AWESOME to see fellow fans! Definitely should've got "more" attention. It is the five year anniversary this year, let's go bug Remedy about getting an LP out... or at least get AW2 going... They should at least do an "Old Gods of Asgard" 7" or something!

Streets of Rage and Shenmue soundtracks on vinyl soon!

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/05/21/streets-of-rage-and-shenmue-soundtrack-are-getting-a-vinyl-release/

I got to say I love records, I have quite the collection and I’m so excited that SEGA has teamed up with a new record label called ‘Data Discs’ to release both the Streets of Rage and Shenmue soundtracks.

Data Discs is calling itself the first record label dedicated to releasing video game soundtracks and its fitting that its first two releases would be two of the most iconic soundtracks of their time. The Streets of Rage soundtrack will be fully remastered with the help of Yuzo Koshiro . Both releases will be pressed on 180 gram vinyl and include a lithographic print with each title.

If you want to pre-order yourself a copy (like I do), you’ll have to wait until May 30th when Data Discs opens its website. The records won’t ship until September and there will be extras for early pre-orders.

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

edit: It sounds like they'll be pressing even more Sega soundtracks in the future.

The possibilities are endless.

Both Streets of Rage and Shenmue will have 3 variants each and be £19.99 each as reported by Polygon.

I love Shenmue, but that is way too much for the OST. I may be tempted to pay that much for Jet Grind Radio, but it'd hurt a lot.

I love Shenmue, but that is way too much for the OST. I may be tempted to pay that much for Jet Grind Radio, but it'd hurt a lot.

After shipping it will be about $50, I am assuming. If there is a "Phoenix Mirror" colored variant that looks like a jade swirl then I will hand them that money as quick as possible.

£19.99 is about standard for a 1LP soundtrack. This is the world we live in sadly.

The exchange rate, and shipping kills it to us though. I can see it being normal, since licensing fees are much higher.

Sounds like Mondo/Death Waltz will be getting some of the Streets of Rage and Shenmue stateside. 

https://twitter.com/deathwaltzrecs/status/601791080049291264

That's beautiful news. Ready to pay now. But that probably means the DataDiscs "color-in-color" variant will probably be a EU release only unless they ship internationally.  :angry: