Video game OSTs

I just played both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark right now and Goldeneye ages WAY better than Perfect Dark. It's clear that Perfect Dark was trying to do way to much on the N64's limited hardware. It's like playing through a slideshow in a lot of parts of the game.

The 360 version of PD was great, except that aiming felt way off with the 360 controller. 

Don't think any level in PD topped Facility though.

(yeah -- the simulation mode in PD was great)

I just played both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark right now and Goldeneye ages WAY better than Perfect Dark. It's clear that Perfect Dark was trying to do way to much on the N64's limited hardware. It's like playing through a slideshow in a lot of parts of the game.

The 360 version of PD was great, except that aiming felt way off with the 360 controller.

Don't think any level in PD topped Facility though.

(yeah -- the simulation mode in PD was great)

Agreed, pd was a great game. It was just too ambitious for the hardware. But the soundtrack is great and that release looks really nice.

One of the cooler things I did in high school was be a teacher's aid for our IC3 (computer class). One day I brought in my USB drive with Project64 and GoldenEye, eventually others in the class got interested and we ended up plugging in another keyboard for some 4 player split screen death matches! It was a plus having a super-chillax teacher too.

Super stoked on Banjo-Kazooie! Probably my first "real" video game I played. Also seeing BK is making me hungry for Burger King...

One of the cooler things I did in high school was be a teacher's aid for our IC3 (computer class). One day I brought in my USB drive with Project64 and GoldenEye, eventually others in the class got interested and we ended up plugging in another keyboard for some 4 player split screen death matches! It was a plus having a super-chillax teacher too.

We did that too but with the first Modern Warfare and we played it everyday. We uploaded it to the school's file system so that you could download it to any computer connected in the school. Some fun memories. 

Speaking of great soundtracks. The CoD4 main menu theme is stellar.

We did that too but with the first Modern Warfare and we played it everyday. We uploaded it to the school's file system so that you could download it to any computer connected in the school. Some fun memories. 

That's awesome! My school was extremely strict with "free time". Most websites and even some of the desktop games were blocked.

i'd rather get some orchestral comps than straight VG music. for the most part if i'm feeling nostalgic, i'll play the game. distant worlds (final fantasy) or video games live or the 25th anniversary Zelda symphony would be ace.

Straight up, if someone (Mondo?) pressed Distant Worlds, I'd lose my goddamned shit.

i'd rather get some orchestral comps than straight VG music. for the most part if i'm feeling nostalgic, i'll play the game. distant worlds (final fantasy) or video games live or the 25th anniversary Zelda symphony would be ace.

Speaking of renditions of tracks I want on vinyl the Zelda tracks done by BadBadNotGood are so ace. Probably would get a C&D from Nintendo though. Song of Storms ftw.

This. Part of me wants those Rare soundtracks, but honestly how often am I going to listen to them? If they were orchestral versions then I wouldn't hesitate to grab them...