OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

No i got it. I could honestly care less if you think I am stupid for supporting my favorite band. if you're just going to come in here and bitch about how you don't want to pay $X for ______, then I think you're stupid for being whiny. So :P ... because we're all three year olds.

Ugh

I know, right?

Also, I was REALLY wrong about how fast these would sell out. There are over 300 left out of (presumably) 1000, 24 hours later. Maybe we will see some markdown.

Less Coheed and Cambria, more books and Ritalin.

Less Coheed and Cambria, more books and Ritalin.

My parents could never afford the stuff, too much money spent on weed. What kind of books do you recommend? To point you in the direction of my tastes, I really like Palahniuk, Vonnegut, and Hunter S. Thompson. However, I feel like a lack of discussion of Coheed in a thread about Coheed is a little counterintuitive, but what do I know?

I've become one of those old "Get off my lawn" members of VC as I reach 2,000 posts. I ordered from .CA and released I don't care about color. Yep, I'm old now. 

Honestly, I  am pretty stoked for the nice, shiny, thick, black one too. I'm not even cancelling my Canadian order unless Amazon 'Murica brings the price way down.

I had the same thing yesterday, but magically today it corrects it based on quantity remaining instead potentially allowing someone to spend $40k. Maybe it is 3k like the green SSTB. Either way, I'm honestly shocked there are any left today. I bet there wouldn't be if it were a payday.

So at the minimum (out of 1000), we've seen 722 be sold at $40. That's $28,880. what do we think the average cost will be for a pressing of about 7500 (this is just an assumption- 1000 of each color way and 5500 of the Black 180g)...Probably $7 per record? Less? Remastering $5k-$10k. So if it's a $5 cost to physically produce records, plus $5k (remastering) they've got $3700 to go before they break even. So when they sell 93 more copies they will be in the positive. Then if they sell ALL the copies at $40, they will make $187,400.00. This is all speculative and assuming a lowerend production cost. Or I could be 100% entirely incorrect. I'm also going to assume that a large chunk of that money goes to Sony/ EVR unless Coheed shelled out the dough to buy their rights back...again all speculation. Just thinking out loud at all of you.

I bought tickets for Salt Lake City but there were no Gold or the other VIP left. Hoping it's still available for us regular peeps once I get in. It's going to be my first time seeing Coheed so I don't really want to hold it in the pit but I'll do what I have to. If anyone has Gold for SLC and can pick one up for me I'll get it from you as soon as I walk in the venue.

I bought tickets for Salt Lake City but there were no Gold or the other VIP left. Hoping it's still available for us regular peeps once I get in. It's going to be my first time seeing Coheed so I don't really want to hold it in the pit but I'll do what I have to. If anyone has Gold for SLC and can pick one up for me I'll get it from you as soon as I walk in the venue.

I was going to go to the SLC show, but they didn't announce it until I already bought Denver passes. Haha. And from the few times I've seen them there hasn't been a pit. You just need to watch out for the occasional crowd surfer. I'm sure bringing a backpack to put the record in will be fine. 

I was going to go to the SLC show, but they didn't announce it until I already bought Denver passes. Haha. And from the few times I've seen them there hasn't been a pit. You just need to watch out for the occasional crowd surfer. I'm sure bringing a backpack to put the record in will be fine. 

To add to this, I'd bring a mailer inside a backpack, because a backpack alone won't provide great protection if someone bumps you.

I'm an old man anymore at shows anyway, and wifey doesn't like getting packed in really close, so I'll hang near the back/middle with my earplugs in and have a wonderful time not getting my stuff crushed! ;)

To add to this, I'd bring a mailer inside a backpack, because a backpack alone won't provide great protection if someone bumps you.

I'm an old man anymore at shows anyway, and wifey doesn't like getting packed in really close, so I'll hang near the back/middle with my earplugs in and have a wonderful time not getting my stuff crushed! ;)

Why not take it back out to the car and go back into the venue and push your way to the front ?

Why not take it back out to the car and go back into the venue and push your way to the front ?

A lot of venues won't allow re-entry. Also:

That's actually a brilliant idea.