OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

i would. $40 is straight bullshit.

The only time i've ever paid that was for a MoFi release, because they honestly are some of the best sounding records I've ever heard. So unless this is pushing that kinda quality, nahhh. 

Edit: just noticed your double negative. So, glad we are on the same page.

I don't think you understand how double negatives work...

Nobody batted an eye when manchester charged 65 for a regular album + 3 7 inches in a box. 40 for a double album with gatefold and custom sleeves is not terrible guys. Whoever said market dictates the price is right. They would be dumb to not sell it for this much. Plus they are doing everything themselves without a label. If this was a kick starter to get this pressed and you paid 40 dollars to guarantee yourself a copy would you do it?

Nobody batted an eye when manchester charged 65 for a regular album + 3 7 inches in a box. 40 for a double album with gatefold and custom sleeves is not terrible guys. Whoever said market dictates the price is right. They would be dumb to not sell it for this much. Plus they are doing everything themselves without a label. If this was a kick starter to get this pressed and you paid 40 dollars to guarantee yourself a copy would you do it?

I would

If I want something, I pay the price

I would

If I want something, I pay the price

Same here and I don't complain about how much something costs.  The difference is there a sect of people who will pay the price, but want to complain about how high it is.  That won't accomplish anything.

Also, prices aren't going down anytime soon.  People are gong to have to adjust to that, as well.  It's either that or find another hobby / lifestyle.

i like it how you didn't notice i was kinda saying you're stupid.

QgLgzy6.gif

No i got it. I could honestly care less if you think I am stupid for supporting my favorite band. if you're just going to come in here and bitch about how you don't want to pay $X for ______, then I think you're stupid for being whiny. So :P ... because we're all three year olds.

So 60 for an import vinyl is okay but 40 for one from the us isn't.

Okay.

no. $60 is not okay for import vinyl. 

people were complaining that the price was $60 as if the price they'd have to pay was $60. 

I said it was the price of the import, and the domestic price would be cheaper, so people could calm down. Unfortunately, $40 is still ridiculous. 

i'm not sure why you're trying to have an argument with me that's irrelevant. 

So 60 for an import vinyl is okay but 40 for one from the us isn't.

Okay.

Not sure he was defending the import price – I thought he was just stating that it's an import. You know... as useful, unbiased information.

And I'm not touching the "could['nt] care less debate". That horse could be poured into a mug at this point.

In all honesty, I'm super excited and hope that the black variant NEVER goes permanently out of print. It would be nice to see a good album stay in print, but this is the perfect opportunity for all those lacking a copy to pick one up!

On the contrary, I hope it goes oop immediately, so I can start flipping away the "direct 2 fans" edition like there's no tomorrow.

no. $60 is not okay for import vinyl.

people were complaining that the price was $60 as if the price they'd have to pay was $60.

I said it was the price of the import, and the domestic price would be cheaper, so people could calm down. Unfortunately, $40 is still ridiculous.

i'm not sure why you're trying to have an argument with me that's irrelevant.

Look, I'm not trying to start an argument. Complaining about prices when it comes to coheed just isn't going to get anywhere, and honestly, yeah, 40 is a lot, but they could've charged more, thrown in an autograph and called it a 10th anniversary commemorative edition, charged 65, and it would still sell out. In that regard, I'm glad it's only 40.

It's kind of pricey to keep up with this band, but I think most fans would've realized this by now.

When I sell anything, I try to get top dollar for it within reason and know that selling at a lesser price will have a faster turnaround and sometimes I would rather sell it quickly than for top dollar. When I buy anything I try to get as low of a price as I can. Anyone who doesn't do that obviously doesn't understand how marketing works. 

Someone somewhere probably sat down and set a price that they think is the amount of money that will sell an amount of records at a certain price that will net them the largest return. If so, then good on them. 

If you don't like the price, then don't buy it. America has a really bad entitlement issue where everyone thinks that they are owed something. 

BUT I'M OWED THIS ALBUM AT A BETTER PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And you're right, everyone is so damn entitled. Starting to look like a Brand New thread around here.)

But really, $40 isn't bad. It's not $26.99, but it's not $200 either. $40 in the grand scheme of things is nothing though. I'll gladly pay that for one of my favorite albums, especially one I though I'd never own. I would still pay $60, and I'll even buy another variant later (peach) if that happens. 

When I sell anything, I try to get top dollar for it within reason and know that selling at a lesser price will have a faster turnaround and sometimes I would rather sell it quickly than for top dollar. When I buy anything I try to get as low of a price as I can. Anyone who doesn't do that obviously doesn't understand how marketing works. 

Someone somewhere probably sat down and set a price that they think is the amount of money that will sell an amount of records at a certain price that will net them the largest return. If so, then good on them. 

If you don't like the price, then don't buy it. America has a really bad entitlement issue where everyone thinks that they are owed something. 

Yeah, what a bunch of communists!