PO: New Found Glory - Resurrection

So I wanted to touch on some main points I got from the AMA on Reddit earlier: 

• The band address that they were working on a Vinyl Box Set, which will include "Coming Home". No other details are known as of now.
  • Ian said he's praying that the band will do another ISHC EP. It also became address that he wants to record another FTSTYS. 
  • I was personally bummed to see no members have spoken to Steve Klein since the departure from the band. I mean, I wouldn't expect them to be as close as they once were, but coming from a fan perspective, it still sucks. 
  • While we're on the Steve train, the band seemed to be taking a lot of jabs at Steve on the AMA. Things like them no longer having to worry about egos and not having to worry about all of them ending a song on the same note. 

As far as the album, first impressions are very good. Standout tracks for me are "Ready and Willing", "The Worst Person", "On My Own". Record sounds like a third part to Catalyst and Not Without a Fight, which is a great! I think they really hit the nail on the head as far as what they wanted to do with this record, which was to come back with a strong record to give their fans a sigh of relief. Way to stay hungry, New Found Glory. Job well done. 

So I wanted to touch on some main points I got from the AMA on Reddit earlier: 

• The band address that they were working on a Vinyl Box Set, which will include "Coming Home". No other details are known as of now.
  • Ian said he's praying that the band will do another ISHC EP. It also became address that he wants to record another FTSTYS. 
  • I was personally bummed to see no members have spoken to Steve Klein since the departure from the band. I mean, I wouldn't expect them to be as close as they once were, but coming from a fan perspective, it still sucks. 
  • While we're on the Steve train, the band seemed to be taking a lot of jabs at Steve on the AMA. Things like them no longer having to worry about egos and not having to worry about all of them ending a song on the same note. 

Super excited for the box set(will probably spend too much money on that, LOL!)  and possibility of an ISHC return!

Reading through the shots at Steve makes me think that there had been trouble brewing for a while?

Also, I agree with you, that it is upsetting they openly stated they haven't had contact with them since the split sucks. I have seen them 25 times and most times gotten to talk with them after the shows. They always seemed like the closest friends and that nothing would ever come between them.

Obviously something of this magnitude was sure to cause a rift, but no contact, doesn't bode well for Steve's reputation.

Aside from all the negative aspects, I am extremely excited for the record and having just seen them kill it at Riot Fest in Chicago, NFG is alive and well!

From a PR standpoint, it's obvious why the band has had no contact with him. Even admitting they've had contact with him would imply association with all that stuff.

Good point!

I admit this is me being a raging fan-boy, but, I still have a small shred of hope that some of the allegations might have been blown out of proportion and that someday they might be able to at least patch things up.

Although, I know Steve can never be part of the band again.

I am extremely excited for the record and having just seen them kill it at Riot Fest in Chicago, NFG is alive and well!

Which side of the barricade were you on?  That was such a fun set, that was about the perfect setlist, if I could have hand chosen it myself.  And Bring Me The Horizon closing it down afterwards, come on.

I already took a little heat over in the Steve Kline thread in the "everything else" section for not defending him, but having a "well, let's just wait and see what happens in court..." take on the situation, rather than jumping to the worst conclusions with the crowd.  But, oh well.  Perhaps it's just the super fan in me as well that's trying to see a bright side of things, but it sounded to me like between the only facts that were known and the picture the media has painted, were indeed blowing things out of proportion.  Like...the media does.  

All politics aside, I'm glad to see NFG continuing on, doing what they do, making fun music & playing killer live shows.  The only song I've heard so far is Ready & Willing, I think, is what they played at Riot Fest.  Sounded bad ass, to me.  Can't wait for next week, the countdown is on.

Which side of the barricade were you on?  That was such a fun set, that was about the perfect setlist, if I could have hand chosen it myself.  And Bring Me The Horizon closing it down afterwards, come on.

I already took a little heat over in the Steve Kline thread in the "everything else" section for not defending him, but having a "well, let's just wait and see what happens in court..." take on the situation, rather than jumping to the worst conclusions with the crowd.  But, oh well.  Perhaps it's just the super fan in me as well that's trying to see a bright side of things, but it sounded to me like between the only facts that were known and the picture the media has painted, were indeed blowing things out of proportion.  Like...the media does.  

All politics aside, I'm glad to see NFG continuing on, doing what they do, making fun music & playing killer live shows.  The only song I've heard so far is Ready & Willing, I think, is what they played at Riot Fest.  Sounded bad ass, to me.  Can't wait for next week, the countdown is on.

I was on the left, at the rail, about 10 people to the left of the center. I agree it was a killer set and I was pumped to see them still so full of energy!

They played Selfless at Riot Fest, by far one of my favorite tunes of theirs.

I skipped BMTH to see Weezer. Had to! LOL!

I'm going to see them twice on this tour. Once in Detroit and the next night in Chicago.

And I agree on the trying to be optimistic, they have been my favorite band since the moment I heard them, that was 16 years ago! So I will always hope things turn out sunny and happy, LOL!

But I am also a realist and know that........ nothing gold can stay.

Had to.

Ha, well said.  I bet I may have ran into you at some point, granted that you weren't dormant & just standing.  Sounds about exactly where I was.  I pushed to the front right away, but ended up moving around a fair amount during the set, but in general, was to the left of the barricade & in that front/center corner a few people back.  

Weezer is definitely good, just a little more tame.  I like energy at full throttle during live rock & roll.  Circle pits & moshes trump sing-alongs in my world.  That's some of New Found Glory's magic, they're a fantastic blend of it all.  Though I actually don't mosh or "hardcore" dance for 'em.  I save the mosh for the heavier metal bands.  

I would love to make that drive to Chicago for that show...  I'll see what happens.  I'm up in the Twin Cities, though.  The only NFG show I have on my agenda is Tampa, FL on the 9th.  And...Bring Me The Horizon in Orlando the following two nights.  With some good albums being released this month, lots of fun on deck.