PO: New Found Glory - Resurrection

Steve Klein's perviness aside, he was a pretty good lyricist, and I think this song reinforces that. Not that I dislike the song, but the lyrics are a little clunky compared to their previous stuff.

I would have to agree.  I suppose every single band will operate differently, but is it common a lead singer doesn't write the lyrics?  What a cake job for a frontman who doesn't play an instrument.  Don't play anything, don't write anything.  Just show up.  (I'm sure there's a bit more to it... :) )

http://www.fuse.tv/2014/09/new-found-glory-resurrection-interview-chad-gilbert?campaign=scl%7Ctwt%7Cfsc

Couple of jabs at Steve, I feel. Chad never said his name in the interview, and he claims Steve had no contribution to writing guitar parts.

lol  Will only refer to him as "someone".  

I would have to agree.  I suppose every single band will operate differently, but is it common a lead singer doesn't write the lyrics?  What a cake job for a frontman who doesn't play an instrument.  Don't play anything, don't write anything.  Just show up.  (I'm sure there's a bit more to it... :) )

lol  Will only refer to him as "someone".  

"I did a lot of the music, some of the lyrics and guitars; we had someone who did the lyrics and none of the guitars. Ian did his part. Jordan offered melody and lyrics."

"Ian did his part" has to be my favorite part of that whole article. So indicative of the role bass players have in most pop punk bands.

...has to be my favorite part of that whole article.

Funny you say that, I actually thought real similar thoughts when I read it.  

On another note, has anybody heard any word on deluxe editions, or anything that would entail any kind of bonus tracks?  There's always at least one with this band.  Even the Tip Of The Iceberg EP had a Japanese version with a Bjork cover that was actually pretty good.

I'll have to ask this same question over in the Yellowcard thread on their new album.