PO: Foo Fighters - Sonic Highway

Not gonna lie. I initially thought the series, when first announced, was going to be a documentary piece in each episode of iconic recording studios in the U.S. Like Sound City but focusing on different studios and their history. Pretty great idea to tie in recording the new FF album at each one w/ musicians tied in with the studios and cities. 

...or ya know, he's been in two legendary rock bands (and countless other musical projects) and pretty much accomplished everything you possibly can with a rock band and thought to himself "Let's do something different this time..."

Dave Grohl really doesnt come off as someone who's into gimmicks. The hype would come with any Foo Fighters album no matter what.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm a bit surprised that Dave Grohl had anything to do with a nine-cover release. I'd think he'd be stoked enough on the fact that kids are buying a single vinyl record at all, let alone from his band. Regardless, it's cool that they fit together.

Edit: I didn't post this to irritate anyone, it's just the first thing I thought of when I heard there were nine covers. From interviews I've seen, Grohl seems like he genuinely gives a shit about people buying physical forms of music and, for me at least, putting out nine covers says the opposite.

I liked their last album so much. I haven't gotten it in vinyl, bu i know i'll eventually. As for Sonic Highway, no way i'll be ordering from their site, shipping is damn expensive, especially to my country :-/

But i'll be getting it from somewhere else, there's only 2 covers i didn't like, so hopefully i don't get one of them  :P 

As I watch the trailer for Sonic Highways for the umpteenth time, am I the only one that is bothered by the Macklemore douche saying that no other hip-hop had ever come out of Seattle? What about SIR MIX-A-LOT, ya jerkoff?!?!?

Another reason to hate Macklemore

My thoughts exactly.  The guy hasn't done anything *that* worthy of hatred...if anything, he's used his platform for a lot of good and released a few decent songs in the process (Thrift Shop, notwithstanding). 

He has! I think he's a pretty stand up dude. I liked what he did about the over priced merch at his shows.

One reason among many. Him claiming independence as an artist when he won the Grammy is also silly. There's nothing more independent than having some other dude make instrumentals for you while you use major label money to market the album.