PO: Foo Fighters - Sonic Highway

"It's an eight-song album," Grohl says. "But it's gonna be our longest album – because there are some epic jams. When you get Joe Walsh with you out in the desert" – referring to a session with the Eagles guitarist at a studio in Joshua Tree, California – "it's not going to be a three-minute pop single. It gets a little weird."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-the-foo-fighters-wildly-ambitious-new-album-and-hbo-series-20140604#ixzz3A6krTHu5 

This is too gimmicky for me.

Just sort of a marketing trick. (HBO series, recording at different cities for whatever reason, etc --> building hype)

If it's a good album, I"ll pull the trigger. The eight tracks don't bother me as other people said they could be long and if they are not that shouldn't be a problem if it's eight good tracks.

Also for the one guy posting about the UK shipping. This will definitely be available on EU sites in a couple of days (hours).

This is too gimmicky for me.

Just sort of a marketing trick. (HBO series, recording at different cities for whatever reason, etc --> building hype)

...or ya know, he's been in two legendary rock bands (and countless other musical projects) and pretty much accomplished everything you possibly can with a rock band and thought to himself "Let's do something different this time..."

Dave Grohl really doesnt come off as someone who's into gimmicks. The hype would come with any Foo Fighters album no matter what.

...or ya know, he's been in two legendary rock bands (and countless other musical projects) and pretty much accomplished everything you possibly can with a rock band and thought to himself "Let's do something different this time..."

Dave Grohl really doesnt come off as someone who's into gimmicks. The hype would come with any Foo Fighters album no matter what.

Seriously, is there anyone around more acomplished then Dave in modern rock music? He's a god.

Seriously, is there anyone around more acomplished then Dave in modern rock music? He's a god.

I know that well enough.

But with the previous album it was recording in his garage or something and the first track they released was representing that but then the rest was more like a stadium rock affair that could've been recorded at any studio (so hence why I'm now like oh this is gimmicky and doesn't add anything for me). I'm just stating my opinion about this and I know it's not popular to say bad stuff about anything Dave Grohl touches but just wanted to add my two cents. I hope this will be an awesome album by the way.

Definitely ordering the Seattle cover since that's where I'll be living and that's where it all began. People are complaining about the short track length, and they haven't even heard it yet. Maybe this is their heaviest and most epic shit to date! I'm personally stoked on this release and hope it gets back to their roots and shows how they evolved over and years. I like the direction WL took them and only expect great things. I'm also interested to hear what each song sounds like when considered which corresponding city/state it was recorded in. I'm sure the mini series will dive into that. I'm just wondering if they have a specific amount of pressings or will do per order.

8 dollars for media mail shipping? Still I love the Foos and need that DC cover. Ordered.

Normally I spend about $4-6 for media mail. I imagine that they get some kind of bulk price discount due to the amount of volume they (the label) ship out each month. Kinda makes you wonder if this is a shipping & handling charge...... :rolleyes: