RIP Robin Williams

Wasn't a fan of his whole comedy schtick but he was a great dramatic actor. One Hour Photo and Insomnia were both fantastic and he seemed like a good person. Really bummed to hear this news.

Depression is fucking serious. There is nothing wrong with needing help. Please get help if you are suffering from depression.

Depression is fucking serious. There is nothing wrong with needing help. Please get help if you are suffering from depression.

Any mental illness.

In the spirit of promoting the need for people/society to be more open about this:  I am bi-polar.  Sometimes it's crippling, sometimes it's not.  Sometimes I take drugs for it, sometimes I don't (always Doctor prescribed one way or the other).

It's fucking okay, you aren't broken.

I honestly would have guessed Jim Carrey over him.  But in every aspect, all comedians have a loooot of demons.  I can't argue the statistic, and neither can you.  When everyone you come upon looks at you to deliver a punch line, twenty-four hours a day, for your whole entire life, despite any effort you gave to have an honest conversation.  it would tax your soul.  The list of comedians who have taken their lives is quite almost literally endless.  

Edit:

Roseanne hasn't died yet, so we're not quite to the 'literally' moment.  But you all know what I mean. . . 

Jack, Nine Months, and Awakenings

I'm so glad someone else mentioned these. I fucking loved him in Nine Months. But my favorite was definitely What Dreams May Come. It's going to be a while before I can watch that one again.

I remember on summer vacation while I was in high school I'd get such insomnia and just watch Live On Broadway all night. 

Almost forgot: Bicentennial Man & the voice of Batty in Fern Gully.