What's your White Whale record?

My White Whale was an Ink & Dagger record that after years of searching I found out that it doesn't exist. The label fucked with people on the discography of the release. I found out from two of the band members that it didn't exist. I felt like a tool. 

Damn I'm sorry to hear that.  I was on a similar search for a blacklist royals release.  I went direct with the band as well to get the real skinny as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Rookie-Lot-Yearly-Split-7-Clear-69-brand-new-deja-entendu-saves-the-day-/261356151280?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cda0a61f0

this was my white whale for years. Only 100 are made and they were pretty much split up and only given to friends back in 98. After searching for years I got mine in 04 for like 40 bucks from someone in the band the stryder . Since then this is the first one i have seen for sale in nearly a decade 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Rookie-Lot-Yearly-Split-7-Clear-69-brand-new-deja-entendu-saves-the-day-/261356151280?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cda0a61f0

this was my white whale for years. Only 100 are made and they were pretty much split up and only given to friends back in 98. After searching for years I got mine in 04 for like 40 bucks from someone in the band the stryder . Since then this is the first one i have seen for sale in nearly a decade 

daaamn thats crazy cool. I never listened to this much, but that is a way cool piece to have. Also....The Stryder rules so freakin' hard!!

Mine is probably Illustration by Miami Horror. There's only been one on Discogs for a while and the asking price is $450. Short of a repress, I think this is probably one I'll never get my hands on.

I assume you mean 'illuminations' but yeah, I see this pretty regularly around Sydney

I assume you mean 'illuminations' but yeah, I see this pretty regularly around Sydney

Ha! Incredible. I'm currently idly leafing through this book, apparently I can't concentrate on two things at once.

If you see one on your travels, I don't suppose you could pick a copy up for me? Obviously I'll cover all the costs. Since the price is so high on Discogs, I just thought it was unattainable.

999929_10151945802919751_895213900_n.jpg

So here is my white whale with it's brothers. Enter Shikari's A Flash Flood of Colour on opaque blue.

Not as much a white whale as some of yours may be, but it was such a hassle to find.

Let's equate it to finding a particular tree in the woods.

I have been searching for this record for two years, since the release date of this album at least.

Enter Shikari had announced prior to this album that they had signed to Hopeless in the US for distribution after bad luck with at least two previous labels and eventually pre-orders for this album went up later. All pre-order variants were blue, and most fans on the official website presumed they would be the same. Come the day a lot of us received it and were talking about it and we eventually discovered that the US record and "rest of world" were two different colors. I was already interested in snagging a "rest of world" variant for the sheer fact that it was likely to have a different center label and sleeve than US. it being released through PIAS and thus not gonna have Hopeless on it.

I didn't search as much as I should have back then as tracking one down just meant finding someone who tried to flip it but failed and picking it up cheap as long as the seller was based in a foreign country, but ES eventually released a white one, then a red (oops turned out pink) one and everyone on selling sites were just selling sealed copies.

Unwilling to open and check the color for me they ended up as a bust.

Eventually browsing through discogs I found an open copy that was blue. Asked if it was not the Hopeless variant and boom, picked up.

So I'm really happy right now.

1535598_10151945803434751_1606287717_n.j

All studio albums with all existing variants.

I have all Shikari records minus three. Three of the individually  signed and handpainted sleeved live LPs.

Might be easier to find, or harder. Not sure yet. Probably more expensive.

These are the guys that got me to start collecting records.

I'm done rambling on now ;D