Secret Santa 2014 (the saga continues) Update 12/27/2014 (post your gift pix lazy bastards)

MIKE D from Austin TX! I fucking love you! I've yet to do some sleuthing for you because of the endless amount of work I have this week but bet your ass I will know who you are by Saturday and we will be friends!

I hope you didn't think it was me. Everyone's return address is my addy. Sorry to disappoint. Just for further info. I am only running this this year. I am not receiving nor giving gifts (well maybe one this year as a random). Just so u people know.

My curiosity got the better of me so I opened my gift, man was I floored.  I'm really into my local scene so I really appreciate the stuff from yours and your insight into some bands that I have never listened to.  Also, thanks for the handwritten letter, I wish my handwriting was as nice as yours...and yes my musical tastes are very diverse.  

Finally, based upon the not so subtle hints (Georgia tourism guide) I'd say my SS is A.K. Aych.  Thanks for being my secret Santa, you did an amazing job!

Here is a pic:

photo_zpsd5287b06.jpg

My SS gift arrived but I won't be opening it till December when I'm in full Christmukka mode. 

I found some neat stuff for my SS but it's taking longer than I'd hoped to get to me. I expect to ship about the 15th or so. 

The gifts posted so far look awesome!

You have way more patience than I do. I would already have that shit opened. And possibly have pictures posted too.

My curiosity got the better of me so I opened my gift, man was I floored.  I'm really into my local scene so I really appreciate the stuff from yours and your insight into some bands that I have never listened to.  Also, thanks for the handwritten letter, I wish my handwriting was as nice as yours...and yes my musical tastes are very diverse.  

Finally, based upon the not so subtle hints (Georgia tourism guide) I'd say my SS is A.K. Aych.  Thanks for being my secret Santa, you did an amazing job!

You caught me, haha. Glad to see everything made it in one piece, and especially glad that you like it!

Also! In case you're wondering what the sticker with the weird C is (because I forgot to mention it in the letter), it's from a wonderful place in Athens called Nuci's Space. It's a resource center that offers practice spaces and mental health/suicide prevention counseling for musicians. Everything they do is for a good cause, and I think it's one of the coolest places I've ever set foot in.

I promise I'll be a little more subtle next year.

You caught me, haha. Glad to see everything made it in one piece, and especially glad that you like it!

Also! In case you're wondering what the sticker with the weird C is (because I forgot to mention it in the letter), it's from a wonderful place in Athens called Nuci's Space. It's a resource center that offers practice spaces and mental health/suicide prevention counseling for musicians. Everything they do is for a good cause, and I think it's one of the coolest places I've ever set foot in.

I promise I'll be a little more subtle next year.

Wow, I was wondering about that sticker.  Sounds like a great resource.  Thanks again for everything.

Came home to my package waiting for me on the porch and like I said earlier in this thread, I planned on opening it when I got it..........and I did just that!

VI1WbDb.jpg

I LOVE what I received.

I work outside so the scarf and beanie will get maximum usage this winter.  If you can't tell from the picture, those are vinyl coasters! Those will also get a lot of use! I go to starbucks at least once a week so the gift card rules. Love that MCS record and I've been meaning to buy that for a while so I'm very happy with that. I've never heard of Tycho before but I'm always down for checking out new stuff so I'm looking forward to listening to that.

Judging by my clues, I'm going to guess that my SS was TinadaZombieRomancer. I'm very grateful and thankful for all you got me! I'm going to assume you handmade those coasters, scarf and beanie and if you did, that is really awesome that you took the time to do that. Again, THANK YOU!

YES!!! I'm so glad you like it ! I never know if people will like homemade stuff so I'm very glad you like what I made!! I'm extra proud of that little milk crate for the record coasters lol. And hand wash the hat in cold water or it'll shrink! I made it a little bit bigger so hopefully it fits okay :) and the fleece scarf is double layered so it should definitely keep you warm at work!

I knew you would like MCS-commit this to memory since you have something else in your collection from them but I took a risk on tycho. Hopefully you dig it :D

Yesssss. I am so glad!!

Came home to my package waiting for me on the porch and like I said earlier in this thread, I planned on opening it when I got it..........and I did just that!

VI1WbDb.jpg

I LOVE what I received.

I work outside so the scarf and beanie will get maximum usage this winter. If you can't tell from the picture, those are vinyl coasters! Those will also get a lot of use! I go to starbucks at least once a week so the gift card rules. Love that MCS record and I've been meaning to buy that for a while so I'm very happy with that. I've never heard of Tycho before but I'm always down for checking out new stuff so I'm looking forward to listening to that.

Judging by my clues, I'm going to guess that my SS was TinadaZombieRomancer. I'm very grateful and thankful for all you got me! I'm going to assume you handmade those coasters, scarf and beanie and if you did, that is really awesome that you took the time to do that. Again, THANK YOU!

Btw that tycho album rules.