PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

When I preordered juturna it wax through interpunk and I got a signed poster of the album cover. I thought it was pretty neat. The only reason I even ordered it was because they were on equal vision and at t be time I was big into that label.

I still have that poster on my wall. Ordered mine through Smartpunk.

I was able to meet and get the whole bands autograph on my CD booklet of Juturna when I saw them around the time BSN came out.

Personally, I really enjoyed Violent Waves. Maybe even more than BSN. Not sure what it is really, but I think I just really liked how mellow and chill it was for the most part.

Few things ever come close to Juturna or OLG though. Circa or otherwise.

I was able to meet and get the whole bands autograph on my CD booklet of Juturna when I saw them around the time BSN came out.

Personally, I really enjoyed Violent Waves. Maybe even more than BSN. Not sure what it is really, but I think I just really liked how mellow and chill it was for the most part.

Few things ever come close to Juturna or OLG though. Circa or otherwise.

Back in 2011 I saw the band in the little town I lived in with an ex-gf that I was still good friends with. Before we went, she and I were talking about how one way or another I had always ended up meeting up with the band in some random way every time I had seen them in the past and she got all excited thinking it would happen. 

So we go to the show, enjoy it, and it ends. We hang around. Walk around the street. Nothing. The night's over. So we decide to head out but want to stop and eat so we go to this one place that was always open till 2am and served delicious diner food. We're finishing up eating and I hear this laugh and I immediately knew it was Anthony. I turn around and the whole band is sitting at a booth two over from us. I started laughing and my ex was like, "What's so funny?" So I point and her jaw just drops. I normally wouldn't bother a band in that way but they weren't eating yet and Anthony and I had talked many times and would hang out after shows way back in the early days of CS, so we go over and I go to introduce her and she just doesn't know what to say. She like froze up.

I was shooting photos that night so I had a cool tour pass that they signed and stuff. Just one of those cool things.

The first time I saw CS was right after Juturna came out. It was in this huge old theater and there was like maybe 40 people there. Dredg was headlining the show. I was up front the whole time taking pics and Anthony was holding my hand and just vibing off my energy I guess haha. After their set I went over to the merch table to buy some shit and Anthony walks up. He starts smiling at me and just grabs me and hugs me. Meanwhile, two of my best friends are standing to the side looking at me with wtf faces. We had all been huge fans of Saosin and had already listened to The Inuit Sessions and Juturna non-stop. So Anthony starts talking directly into my ear as he's hugging me. It was partially creepy but mostly awesome as I had never had experiences like that at the time. He was saying how much he appreciated my energy up front and how he felt a great vibe and aura and felt connected when we'd hold hands. It was bizarre haha, but I'll never forget that. Pretty sure I was a picture somewhere. Now I need to find that.

Sorry for the stories. You guys just got me goin'.

My wife and I had Our first date at a circa survive show in 2006. It was pistolita moneen circa survive and saves the day. Needless to say it was a killer first date we had our first kiss there and moneen was my favorite band at the time.

That's awesome. My daughter's first concert (in utero) was Anthony Green and The Dear Hunter so that's pretty cool haha. 

Funny story…So when I first saw the link, I rushed to put an order through. After I put in my credit card info, I received a very strange error message regarding my billing address somehow. It was essentially a bunch of code. Thinking my order didn't go through, I reordered. I just signed into my account, and it turns out I currently have Order 150 and 154. I'm assuming that my first order will get cancelled somehow. I never received an email for my first order. Only my second. Regardless, it's confusing and I messaged them, hoping it will get sorted out. But I wish I could have it to distribute here to someone looking for a complete collection rather than being put up to someone who will probably stumble upon it at random. Sorry, guys. I am the enemy.

If they send you two for whatever reason, it'd be awesome if you sold it to me. Just saying :)

If not, looks like I'm just going to be constantly refreshing. Yay.

It looks like it's a 180gram variant but I'm not sure how accurate interpunk is

Not that they're wrong this time, but they DID call the most recent black pressing of Brand New's TDAGARIM 180 gram until they were corrected. So we won't know on this one until it's officially announced.

I can't stop jamming the new song. Had to preorder this.

I keep jamming schema as well. Its really good. I'm not a fan of the yellow swirl and want to hold out for the hot topic blue/white swirl but if I miss out on that given there's only 1000 pressed I'm going to be pissed and now am leaning more towards snagging the yellow. Ugh...indecisive

I keep jamming schema as well. Its really good. I'm not a fan of the yellow swirl and want to hold out for the hot topic blue/white swirl but if I miss out on that given there's only 1000 pressed I'm going to be pissed and now am leaning more towards snagging the yellow. Ugh...indecisive

Has Travis said there are only 1000 of the blue/white being pressed?

I as because he's gotten a little cagier about giving pressing number details, because he's realized that if he doesn't give numbers they can run a re-press and people won't get all butthurt about stuff not being as limited any more.

I'm sure there will be plenty of the blue/white available, and if there aren't there will be a re-press within the year (just look at the Blink-182 splatter series.)

Anyway, just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

/1000

I as because he's gotten a little cagier about giving pressing number details, because he's realized that if he doesn't give numbers they can run a re-press and people won't get all butthurt about stuff not being as limited any more.

I'm sure there will be plenty of the blue/white available, and if there aren't there will be a re-press within the year (just look at the Blink-182 splatter series.)

a few pages back, but we'll see if that changes!

I would imagine descensus is being distributed through hot topic under license with sumerian records and they don't seem to repress much from their catalogue. I don't think it would be Hot Topics call to repress this release if and when the swirl sold out unless sumerian wanted to.

I don't think you have to worry about missing out on the hot topic.  it's not like Juturna/On Letting Go which were OOP and were awaiting a repress for a bit.  Just don't sleep on it

So did any of you participate in the AMA? It's four hours past when they said they would end it and Nick is still hanging out answering questions. Anthony only left half an hour ago.

Gotta love how fucking awesome they are towards their fans.

Yeah, Anthony Green taking advantage of underage girls at his shows is a real display of fan commitment.